Why did my phone contacts disappear along with all calender entries

Brian Riley1

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
60+ yo newb needs help with his 1st smart phone - be gentle :p

For the third time in less than a year, all of my telephone contacts on Moto G have suddenly vanished along with all calendar entries on DigiCal. Everything else works just fine. I can make call and texts and use all other apps - just lose phone contacts and calendar entries. In the past they just reappeared the next day but not this time. Tried rebooting in Safe Mode to no avail. Ended up deleting all third party apps and that didn't help either.

Everything that's missing was entered directly into the phone - not pulled from an outside source.

Any suggestions on how to get it all back would be most appreciated.

Moto G running Lollipop 5.1

Last edited:

Milind Bisht

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Check if you're logged in from your gmail account in the calender app.
Also for the contacts, did you save the contacts in your phone or gmail?
(When you add a new contact, the phone asks you if you want to store it as a phone contact or in your gmail)

You can also check gmail(website version) to see if you have your contacts saved there.

Brian Riley1

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
The calendar app only accessed my Hotmail account. The app has been deleted.

Doesn't give me an option - just says Contact Saved when creating a new one. No contacts at all in the web Gmail as I never use it

SIM card isn't loose (figured it wouldn't hurt to check) I'll figure it out yet!

Been working on computers for 45 years and can't figured out a simple cell phone. Makes me feel real old.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown