I have a new Moto G 4G LTE.
    Problem 1) In the user manual I cannot find an index or table of contents.
    Problem 2) I am sure a few weeks ago Windows Explorer on my computer could see photos and videos on the phone, and copy them over via a USB cable. But now W7 can just see the phone, but cannot open the folder. W10 opens it, and tells me the folder is empty. I have had to transfer files by Bluetooth, and a 9 min (1.1GB) video took forever.
    03-30-2016 06:19 AM
    Make sure you have the correct USB transfer protocol turned on....you want MTP. When you plug your phone into the computer you can either go to your settings menu or you'll get a pop up like this
    What is the best way to transfer my files to a computer?-untitled.png

Select MTP
    What is the best way to transfer my files to a computer?-untitled2.png

and your computer should then be able to view and transfer files using the usual drag and drop.
    03-30-2016 11:45 AM
    cpaight
    I have never seen screens anything like your pictures. The only menu item under settings that mentions USB is “Storage and USB” under the device group, and that just shows amount of storage available and used. My O/S is Android v6.0, would those screens be for a different O/S?

After changing from the ISB 3.0 port to the USB 2.0 port on my HP folio 13, a screen came u- about USB charging. By swiping from the top, with difficulty I got four options and chose “use USB for ........ Transfer files (MTP)”, but it would not import photos. After choosing “Transfer photos (PTP)” the computer did a short driver install and it can now see the photos on the camera (both photos I previously transferred onto the phone and photos I have taken).

Windows Explorer previously showed an icon CW-Phone, which would not open. Now another icon has appeared MotoG3, which can find the DCIM and Pictures folders. So seems things are now working, thnks.

When I first bought the phone this system was working, so don’t know why it switched to USB for charge only.
    03-31-2016 06:55 AM