My wife and I have identical Moto G (1st Generation) phones now both running 5.1 Lollipop. My wife's has a magnetic flip cover, mine does not. My wife's phone rings only once when receiving a WhatsApp call with the cover closed, so many calls are now missed. Ordinary calls ring many times as you would expect. With the cover open the problem goes away.

I've seen reports of somethings similar but relating only to when phones are in quiet, vibrate only mode - people report only one vibrate happens, but nobody has mentioned the WhatsApp calls only situation, nor a single ring only problem. I've turned off vibrate in WhatsApp for messages, groups, and calls but this had no effect with respect to my calls issue.

There seems to be solution for the vibrate issue via an App names My Vibrations, so i'm tempted to try this to see it solves rings problems too, and I've emailed the developer of this App.

All ideas gratefully received.
    05-02-2016 09:00 AM
    My wife and I have identical Moto G (1st Generation) phones now both running 5.1 Lollipop. My wife's has a magnetic flip cover, mine does not. My wife's phone rings only once when receiving a WhatsApp call with the cover closed, so many calls are now missed. Ordinary calls ring many times as you would expect. With the cover open the problem goes away.

I've seen reports of somethings similar but relating only to when phones are in quiet, vibrate only mode - people report only one vibrate happens, but nobody has mentioned the WhatsApp calls only situation, nor a single ring only problem. I've turned off vibrate in WhatsApp for messages, groups, and calls but this had no effect with respect to my calls issue.

There seems to be solution for the vibrate issue via an App names My Vibrations, so i'm tempted to try this to see it solves rings problems too, and I've emailed the developer of this App.

All ideas gratefully received.
    I have the same problem as you describe. Did you solve it by now?
    09-20-2016 09:37 AM