Moto G 2nd Gen not connecting to PC and troubles with SD card?

A

AC Question

Moto G 2nd Gen not connecting to PC and troubles with SD card

Hi there, I have two issues. I've looked through the forums for an answer for this and none of them are working working for me.

When I plug my phone into my pc, my phone starts to charge but doesn't have a connection notification and my PC doesn't recognise it either. I have the Motorola device manager downloaded on my PC but it doesn't seem to recognise my phone and I am a little stumped.

Also after the latest update for my phone I can no longer move media on to my sd card. It used to be as simple as go into storage, scroll down and click move media but that is no longer there. Any help is welcome.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is your phone running Marshmallow?

When you connect via USB, swipe down the notification panel and look for the USB icon. Tap it, and make sure it's set to MTP. On Marshmallow, USB connections default to Charge Only.

Is your SD card formatted as Internal (Adoptable) Storage, or Portable Storage? If you formatted it as Internal Storage, the system now sees it as part of its onboard storage, so it no longer differentiates the SD card from the rest of Internal Storage.