Hello all,

Total Android NUBY here trying to recover photos from my wife's Motorola CE1068 (XT1064) and the only smart thing I have done so far is find this Forum. I'm looking forward to help from the accumulated wisdom and experience of the group.

First, what is the model of the phone, so I can get into the correct forum? 411 above is from inside the back panel and the phone is 2-3 years old (I think).

Problems began last week when the phone was on charge and became warmer than usual. When she noticed the overheating, she unplugged the charger, but the screen was blank and the phone would not come to life.. After the phone cooled, she plugged it back in, but no joy although it did not get warm again either (like that's a good thing).

I downloaded Softronic recovery software in an effort to pull photos (there is no SD card in the phone and cloud back-up was never enabled) but when I use a USB cord to connect to my Lenovo laptop (Windows 10) the phone is not detected.

Motorola support says I'm out of luck but a local shop says they can pull the photos for $100. Huh?

Where do I go from here?

Thanks
    05-12-2017 01:41 AM
    Welcome as a new member.

I'll move your post to the Moto G 2nd Generation forum.
    05-12-2017 04:00 AM
    belodion
    Q&A Team
    Ambassador
    Welcome as a new member.

I'll move your post to the Moto G 2nd Generation forum.

Unfortunately, I'm so inexperienced, I can't find my question or the forum you moved it to .

help, please.
    05-14-2017 11:33 PM