Moto G (3rd gen): Will you be getting the 1gb or 2gb version?

manusbaldspot

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will you be getting the 1gb or 2gb version?

Same. Pretty solid. I'll usually leave FB, FB Messenger, and Instagram running in the background while I bike. Now I learned if I don't close Boom Beach and Clash of Clans I get some major Galaxy S6 lag going on. Games definitely can't be running with that many other apps at the same time.

I know multiple people are saying to spend the extra 40 bucks. Maybe they're right. But I see it this way, I'd rather spend that extra 40 on an SD card that I can take to my next phone. Whether my phone has 1GB or 2GB, I'm going to have to close apps and clear up space at some point.

How is the multitasking with, say, 2 or 3 social media apps running in the background, and google maps as navigator? I'm deciding which version to pick, but I won't need for example four distance track apps like you do. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Definitely a 2GB ram version makes more sense.....

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

The phone I was replacing was a venerable Sprint EVO 4g, which had half a gig of ram. For what little I do with my phone (it's primarily an mp3 player and I use a timer app when I do my stretches) the 1 gig is more than enough so that's what I got. I put in the 32 gig sd card from the EVO so I'm good for storage. I don't play any games or whatnot, but maybe I should.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

2GB version makes the most sense.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

T68

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Any more experiences regarding 1gb vs 2gb from you guys already owning a device? Need to by a phone as a birthday gift before August 28 and here in Sweden only the 1gb version seems to be available. Wonder if that 1gb is good enough or if I have to look for another brand?

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Any more experiences regarding 1gb vs 2gb from you guys already owning a device? Need to by a phone as a birthday gift before August 28 and here in Sweden only the 1gb version seems to be available. Wonder if that 1gb is good enough or if I have to look for another brand?

Have the 1 GB version with zero issues. Apps open quickly, everything works as it should. I'm not playing really high graphic games or anything, but I still think the 1 GB version is plenty

Posted via my G4....because my Nexus 5 died #sadpanda

Last edited:

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

Have the 1 GB version with zero issues. Apps open quickly, everything works as it should. I'm not playing really high graphic games or anything, but I still think the 1 GB version is plenty

Good to know 1gb ram is plenty for you. But for me its not enough. I open 5-6 apps and many times, 1-2 apps are forced closed by the OS. And that is on KitKat on my Moto E so must be worse in Lollipop. We have here phones costing $80 coming with 2gb ram so I'm not sure what Motorola is thinking providing only 1gb ram for $180.
Then comes the issue of only 8gb internal storage with only about half is available for the user. Again $100 phones coming with 16gb storage so why is Motorola being so stingy here.
4gb is nothing if I want to install a few games and please don't tell me SD card. Let's say i have 1.5gb available internal storage and i want to download a 2gb game. I won't be able to download it inspite of having 64gb sd card.
So considering all these issues, best to get 2gb/16gb model.

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Good to know 1gb ram is plenty for you. But for me its not enough. I open 5-6 apps and many times, 1-2 apps are forced closed by the OS. And that is on KitKat on my Moto E so must be worse in Lollipop. We have here phones costing $80 coming with 2gb ram so I'm not sure what Motorola is thinking providing only 1gb ram for $180.
Then comes the issue of only 8gb internal storage with only about half is available for the user. Again $100 phones coming with 16gb storage so why is Motorola being so stingy here.
4gb is nothing if I want to install a few games and please don't tell me SD card. Let's say i have 1.5gb available internal storage and i want to download a 2gb game. I won't be able to download it inspite of having 64gb sd card.

You just referenced your experience with your moto E.....do you have any 2015 moto G experience? Actually hands on, not opinion, not looking at it in the store

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Well I've got 2GB ram version, and its pretty snappy when it comes to normal tasks and games like GT racing 2

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

T68

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Just ordered the 1GB since 2GB still is not available in my country (Sweden). Bummer. Hope I don't get a laggy piece of ****.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking if getting the 2/16 gb version. Hopefully by November although I'll see...

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the 2/16 version even though it was on back order. Order was placed on the 15th and the device was delivered on the 27th. Not too shabby.

Hamza Khan18

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

Actually 1 GB Ram model is best to have.Once you get the marshamllow update,the moto G allows you to use the SD card as internal storage that means you can increase space.
1 GB Ram is enough for Medium gaming experience and good app opening and multitask handeling..😊

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20