08-17-2016 12:34 PM
201 1234 ...
tools
    Does your Moto G have Dual Sim capability (it looks like it from the photos in the hands on article)? Do you know if this will be available for the UK market?
    07-29-2015 06:41 AM
    Well as a lot have already asked about battery life, I want to ask about feel in the hand, the camera compared to Nexus 6 (particularly HDR+ if present) since it's the same sensor.
    Also how good is the slow motion. I've seen stuttering in Android slow motion cameras in every phone but Samsung's and Sony. Seems to be f-stop related.
    07-29-2015 06:55 AM
    Did you test the waterproofing aspects of the phone? Also did you test how tough the Gorilla Glass 3 display really is? Because my Moto E developed a scratch so i doubt the effectiveness of Gorilla Glass 3. Also did you try to play any graphics intensive games on it to see if performance is smooth?
    07-29-2015 07:11 AM
    Dual sim? And if so, are both active?
    07-29-2015 07:34 AM
    I read that it will be available thru the prepaid plan only.
    07-29-2015 07:38 AM
    OK list of questions.
    How easy to repair does the phone seem to be (screws visible under the cover)?
    How likely is it that we will be able to purchase moto maker components on lets say ebay and upgrade the looks ourselves in cased our country doens't have moto maker?
    Any comments on how long they are likely to support this phone with OS updates beyond M (looking at the other Moto Gs)?
    How is the in hand feel compared to the other 2015 motos and the Nexus 4 (specifically regarding one hand use)?
    07-29-2015 07:39 AM
    One feature i miss in Moto G2 was the ability to cast screen to a smart tv using miracast. Last learnt it was disabled due to hardware limitation.
    How is it in Moto G3?
    Also, does it have TV out/ MHL support?
    07-29-2015 07:44 AM
    Hello,

1. Just wondering since the screen is the same resolution as past models, if it is improved any other way such as brightness, sharpness, and clarity?

2. Since the omission of dual speakers, how does this one hold up (tinniness, loudness, volume)? ***This aspect in particular is holding me off from purchasing one***
    07-29-2015 07:52 AM
    No LED this time as the new G has Moto Display
    Should I wave my hand to see the notifications ? Or it will constantly appear on the sleep mode.
    07-29-2015 08:03 AM
    Would you upgrade from a 2014 Moto G?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-29-2015 08:54 AM
    Any chance you might do a video comparison vs. The Nexus 4?

Stuartglossop and Sarrod like this.
    07-29-2015 08:54 AM
    Only thing you miss out on is Moto Voice. That and the new G is a little chunkier than the 2013 X
    No Moto Voice? So that means no hands-free commands, like the Moto X? What a bummer.
    07-29-2015 08:57 AM
    Moto G XT1548 is the sku that supports Sprint's Spark LTE bands. The main SKU XT1540 supports CDMA, GSM and LTE but doesn't do Spark or VZW's Band 13, at least not officially. That could be an update though.
    07-29-2015 09:00 AM
    Moto G XT1548 is the sku that supports Sprint's Spark LTE bands. The main SKU XT1540 supports CDMA, GSM and LTE but doesn't do Spark or VZW's Band 13, at least not officially. That could be an update though.
    So the one with the Sprint Spark bands should have Sprint CDMA bands right?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk
    07-29-2015 09:08 AM
    How's the camera?

I heard that the hardware is similar to that found in the Nexus 6, only lacking OIS.
    07-29-2015 09:14 AM
    I have seen conflicting reports so can you confirm if the Moto has a metal frame (like the the 2014 moto x) or a metalized plastic frame?
    07-29-2015 09:44 AM
    The white model has a sliver frame around the device, the black model doesn't??

07-29-2015 09:53 AM
    Is the camera fast/quick for shots of children? Would performance be on part with a note 2?

Will depend on lighting conditions, but it should be at least on par with a Note 2.

I'm also curious about shutter speed on the camera and which moto features are present and which are not.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere
    Shutter speeds seem pretty quick. There's a slight, noticeable delay when auto-HDR mode kicks in.

Seems too early, but curious what kind of battery life you're seeing.

And if it dual Sim or not.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere
    Excellent battery life so far.

There'a dual-SIM version but mine is single-SIM.

How good is the waterproofing ? Do you have a picture of the backcover (inside) ?
    There are two small sealed areas — one around the SIM and SD slots, and one on the right that covers... something. My guess is that's where the second SIM slot would go on the dual-SIM version.

Does your Moto G have Dual Sim capability (it looks like it from the photos in the hands on article)? Do you know if this will be available for the UK market?
    No idea, but probably not for the UK market. Mine is 2GB/16GB single-SIM. Some of the devices in Moto's demo area may well have been dual-SIM.

Well as a lot have already asked about battery life, I want to ask about feel in the hand, the camera compared to Nexus 6 (particularly HDR+ if present) since it's the same sensor.
    Also how good is the slow motion. I've seen stuttering in Android slow motion cameras in every phone but Samsung's and Sony. Seems to be f-stop related.
    In-hand feel is fine. It's a plastic phone, but the textured back is nice and grippy. HDR mode actually seems more robust than on the N6, despite lack of OIS. Of course low-light performance is nowhere near as good. Haven't tried slow-mo yet but f-stop is f/2.0 for what it's worth.

OK list of questions.
    How easy to repair does the phone seem to be (screws visible under the cover)?
    I see three small torx screws down below. That's all.
    How likely is it that we will be able to purchase moto maker components on lets say ebay and upgrade the looks ourselves in cased our country doens't have moto maker?
    I wouldn't count on it.
    Any comments on how long they are likely to support this phone with OS updates beyond M (looking at the other Moto Gs)?
    Updates beyond M are anyone's guess at this point.
    How is the in hand feel compared to the other 2015 motos and the Nexus 4 (specifically regarding one hand use)?
    It feels plasticky like the X Play. Nexus 5 probably feels nicer in the hand than either X Play or 2015 G.
    One feature i miss in Moto G2 was the ability to cast screen to a smart tv using miracast. Last learnt it was disabled due to hardware limitation.
    How is it in Moto G3?
    Also, does it have TV out/ MHL support?
    No idea on MHL, but I don't see Miracast anywhere on this G. Casting via Google Chrome is supported.

Hello,

1. Just wondering since the screen is the same resolution as past models, if it is improved any other way such as brightness, sharpness, and clarity?
    I don't have a 2014 G here to compare, but IMO it's a great-looking screen. More than bright enough. Vivid but not over-saturated.
    2. Since the omission of dual speakers, how does this one hold up (tinniness, loudness, volume)? ***This aspect in particular is holding me off from purchasing one***
    It's a good, loud speaker. Above average in terms of bass, in the grand scheme of smartphone speakers.

Should I wave my hand to see the notifications ? Or it will constantly appear on the sleep mode.
    Wave gesture isn't supported because the G lacks the sensors required. Picking it up will trigger Moto Display though.
    Would you upgrade from a 2014 Moto G?

I've spent limited time with the 2014 G, but this one is a solid release, and LTE as standard is a big deal.

How's the camera?

I heard that the hardware is similar to that found in the Nexus 6, only lacking OIS.
    Surprisingly good. It's the same sensor as N6 (IMX214) behind an f/2.0 lens, only without OIS. Need to do some more tests, but I wouldn't be surprised if it beats the 2014 Moto X camera on balance.

I have seen conflicting reports so can you confirm if the Moto has a metal frame (like the the 2014 moto x) or a metalized plastic frame?
    No metal frame. It's plastic with a metallic effect.

The white model has a sliver frame around the device, the black model doesn't??

Both basic colors have plastic trims. Black comes with dark metallic grey, white comes with a lighter silver effect.
    07-29-2015 10:38 AM
    What is it comparable to in size? A Nexus 4 or 5. Samsung S5 ?
    07-29-2015 10:55 AM
    Only care about (yes, you guessed it) the answer to the Verizon question. No one seems to have the definitive answer to that, and Verizon CS has been zero help so far.
    07-29-2015 11:01 AM
    What is it comparable to in size? A Nexus 4 or 5. Samsung S5 ?
    It's slightly shorter and wider than the Moto X 2014, bigger than the Nexus 5, shorter than the S6 but exact same width.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    07-29-2015 11:04 AM
    So no moto voice? Will hands free google now functions work?
    07-29-2015 11:12 AM
    Will this motorola allow bootloader unlocking on this device? I know that the previous GSM versions did, but moto hasn't seemed to update the supported devices page...

Locked bootloaders are kind of a dealbreaker for me (reason why I'll be leaving verizon shortly if I get this phone)
    07-29-2015 11:14 AM
    I currently have a Oneplus One. Would I want to go for the G or the X Style for my next?

07-29-2015 11:19 AM
    How about VoLTE?
    07-29-2015 11:36 AM
201 1234 ...