08-17-2016 12:34 PM
201 12345 ...
tools
    Should I wave my hand to see the notifications ? Or it will constantly appear on the sleep mode.
    Waving your hand won't do anything. It uses ambient display. Picking up or moving the phone will illuminate the display with any notifications.
    d2008 likes this.
    07-29-2015 12:17 PM
    I currently have a Oneplus One. Would I want to go for the G or the X Style for my next?

Posted via the Android Central App
    The G would be a step back specs wise. And smaller. The Style would be a an upgrade for sure, but not huge or life changing.
    07-29-2015 12:19 PM
    What is it comparable to in size? A Nexus 4 or 5. Samsung S5 ?
    Somewhere in between, but probably closer to the GS5.
    So no moto voice? Will hands free google now functions work?
    Yep.
    I currently have a Oneplus One. Would I want to go for the G or the X Style for my next?

G would be a downgrade. Go for the X Style.
    How about VoLTE?
    Nope. At least nothing yet announced.
    Brad Gienger and mrsmumbles like this.
    07-29-2015 12:42 PM
    Does the launcher ever drop from memory on the 1gb model

Also can the backs be removed

07-29-2015 12:50 PM
    I know the specs sheet says expandable up to 32GB with microSD card, but is there any adverse reaction in the device to using a bigger card?

Also, any memory issues in the G (no force-closing of background apps like Play Music)?

How do this year's shells feel in the hand? Any hint of rugged shells this year?
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    07-29-2015 01:00 PM
    I know the specs sheet says expandable up to 32GB with microSD card, but is there any adverse reaction in the device to using a bigger card?

Also, any memory issues in the G (no force-closing of background apps like Play Music)?

How do this year's shells feel in the hand? Any hint of rugged shells this year?
    Why you steal my question ARRGHHHH

07-29-2015 01:06 PM
    The hands-on video shows Alex taking the back off twice in the first 30 seconds, so yes the backs come off. I'm asking for feel and variety. And launcher redraws was answered in the last page, I think.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    07-29-2015 01:10 PM
    Lol thanks

07-29-2015 01:32 PM
    Is the back metal strip made of metal or plastic?
    07-29-2015 01:59 PM
    Do you know why it's so expensive in Germany on Moto Maker (250€≈275$)?
    07-29-2015 02:19 PM
    Sprint Network Compatibility Questions

I called Sprint this morning also.

I've been reading that the four main carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) will not be offering this phone as a subsidized carrier option. However, these phones will work on the CDMA 1900 Mhz (Sprint's network) system.

I'm on my dad's Sprint Family plan.

Also, from what I've read, the Moto G will be available on Sprint's Pre-Paid plans.

From what I was told from customer service this morning, is that if I buy my own unlocked phone, off-contract, that I may apply to this Sprint, or use this on my current Sprint Family account, so long as it technically works. They said while this is permissive, sometimes there might be technical glitches since the phone isn't theirs.

So, it appears that if the Moto G, CDMA, Unlocked, Off-contract, $179 phone, 5-Inch screen, will likely be able to be used on Sprint's normal network.

I'd like to confirm before purchasing the phone.

It seems logical that the same option would apply with the Moto X, at $399.

I would like to know if I can use this on Sprint before buying either phone.
    07-29-2015 03:59 PM
    My Moto X 2013 Fist Gen has a clock/lock notification etc. that shows up when the phone is moved or a notification arrives.

My Moto G - 1st Gen does not do this; it just has a blinking notification light up top.

Comparing to the two above, what does the Moto G 3rd Gen do?
    07-29-2015 04:03 PM
    Moto G 2015 has Moto Display, so it'll do what your 2013 Moto X does.
    07-29-2015 04:04 PM
    Moto G 2015 has Moto Display, so it'll do what your 2013 Moto X does.
    It'll be interesting to see how this works on an LCD display.
    07-29-2015 04:18 PM
    Moto G 2015 has Moto Display
    Is there a link that has the definition of "Moto Display"?

Is Moto Display simply notifications appearing with the icon of the app, appearing with movement, as opposed to the old-style of a blinking light at the top, with no infomation of which application this is associated with?
    07-29-2015 04:18 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...odisplay&hl=en Moto Display is an app that turns on a certain portion of the screen with a time and notification. On the Moto X 2013 it was called Active Display.
    07-29-2015 04:24 PM
    Why is it that the major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) aren't covering this phone as part of it's contract plans?

The only option appears to pay full-price, for an unlocked phone, and purchase the correct phone with the right specs to match the network you're using (i.e. GSM Sim card for AT&T/T-Mobile; CDMA phone for Sprint/Verizon), and have your carrier activate the phone on your current/new plan.

There's still some questions I have (see previous post above) regarding whether or not I'll be able to use the Moto G / Moto X 3rd Gen on my current Sprint Family plan.
    07-29-2015 04:57 PM
    Sprint Network Compatibility Questions

I called Sprint this morning also.

I've been reading that the four main carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) will not be offering this phone as a subsidized carrier option. However, these phones will work on the CDMA 1900 Mhz (Sprint's network) system.

I'm on my dad's Sprint Family plan.

Also, from what I've read, the Moto G will be available on Sprint's Pre-Paid plans.

From what I was told from customer service this morning, is that if I buy my own unlocked phone, off-contract, that I may apply to this Sprint, or use this on my current Sprint Family account, so long as it technically works. They said while this is permissive, sometimes there might be technical glitches since the phone isn't theirs.

So, it appears that if the Moto G, CDMA, Unlocked, Off-contract, $179 phone, 5-Inch screen, will likely be able to be used on Sprint's normal network.

I'd like to confirm before purchasing the phone.

It seems logical that the same option would apply with the Moto X, at $399.

I would like to know if I can use this on Sprint before buying either phone.
    You called, but where is going to be forsale at and when. The one on the moto maker page is only the GSM version? Plus does anyone know if lte will work on Verizon? Two of the bands are Verizon but one of them is missing! I and sure 3g and 2g will work, but if you call Verizon they would probably say it wouldn't work because they are soooooooooooooo controlingggggg!
    07-29-2015 04:58 PM
    Is the back metal strip made of metal or plastic?
    Plastic, I believe.

Does the launcher ever drop from memory on the 1gb model
    It shouldn't.

It'll be interesting to see how this works on an LCD display.
    Works just fine to me. I'm missing the ability to wave my hand over it a little, but that's about it.

Why is it that the major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) aren't covering this phone as part of it's contract plans?
    Follow the $$$.
    07-29-2015 05:18 PM
    "Moto G, Verizon Droids Coming to Carriers, But Not Moto X"
    (Article Title)
    I'm unable to post links. Article from PC Mag.
    07-29-2015 05:19 PM
    So does this mean it will work with Verizon? Because I just ordered the phone and I am on Verizon.
    07-29-2015 05:49 PM
    So does this mean it will work with Verizon? Because I just ordered the phone and I am on Verizon.
    It will work on Verizon. You'll have to purchase the CDMA phone compatible with Verizon's network. Unfortunately, I can't post links here, but I've come across articles with the details on this matter, including the various carrier specific Moto G's that will be available for $179.
    07-29-2015 05:52 PM
    The current model of the Moto G that is on sale WILL NOT WORK ON VERIZON OR SPRINT.

Please read that carefully. The new model that is currently for sale will not work on anything but GSM carriers.

IF there versions of the new Moto G that work on Verizon/Sprint, they're not yet released.
    07-29-2015 05:57 PM
    The current model of the Moto G that is on sale WILL NOT WORK ON VERIZON OR SPRINT.

Please read that carefully. The new model that is currently for sale will not work on anything but GSM carriers.

IF there versions of the new Moto G that work on Verizon/Sprint, they're not yet released.
    Where do you see that? The one on motomaker will not work for Verizon?
    07-29-2015 06:00 PM
    my bad
    07-29-2015 06:22 PM
201 12345 ...