08-17-2016 01:34 PM
201 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I wish the Moto X came in a smaller size.

It appears the Moto X will work off-contract on Sprint (see above).

Question is, is there a Moto G that will work on Sprint? I think I recall reading Sprint Pre-paid somewhere.

Question

Should I consider the LG G4 as a reasonable alternative to the Moto X, since I currently have the Moto X 2013?
    07-31-2015 12:03 AM
    How do you like the LG G4?

Compared to the Moto X 2013?
    07-31-2015 02:40 AM
    Does the launcher ever drop from memory on the 1gb model

Also can the backs be removed

Posted via the Android Central App
    All the review units are 2GB, so nobody knows yet.

And yes

I know the specs sheet says expandable up to 32GB with microSD card, but is there any adverse reaction in the device to using a bigger card?

Also, any memory issues in the G (no force-closing of background apps like Play Music)?

How do this year's shells feel in the hand? Any hint of rugged shells this year?
    Yep. Refuses to work with a 64GB card. Error message says something about an unreadable or unformatted card.

Haven't noticed any so far.

Feels like a plastic shell. Matte plastic with a diagonal stripe, so it's pretty grippy. Didn't hear anything about rugged shells, but the standard ones are fairly rugged.

Is the back metal strip made of metal or plastic?
    Plastic (with a metallic effect)

It'll be interesting to see how this works on an LCD display.
    Pretty well most of the time. It'll never work as well as on AMOLED because of the nature of these screens, but unless you're using it in a completely pitch black room, it's fine.

Why does Motorola just not start making all of their phones compatible with all carriers.The Nexus 6 is, the new Moto X is going to be so why is the new Moto G lacking in this way.If Motorola really wants to shake things up this would be the way to do it.With a phone almost everyone can afford not a $400 one.Most people I know would never spend $400 on a phone.
    Band coverage isn't free, and the Moto G is a much more price-constrained device than the X Style. It's just not economical to support the entire range of frequencies needed and still sell for $180.
    07-31-2015 06:26 AM
    Does it support camera2 api?
    07-31-2015 07:04 AM
    Does sdCard support any other formats than fat32?
    07-31-2015 07:06 AM
    Does it have slovak or czech system language?
    07-31-2015 07:26 AM
    Does it have slovak or czech system language?
    Yes to both, at least on the unlocked UK model I have.
    07-31-2015 07:55 AM
    Camera2api? Sdcard supports which formats?
    07-31-2015 08:13 AM
    I watch an unboxing video and unfortunately the guy who unbox the Moto G said that his unit has a lot of creaking ugly noise and anywehere pressed on the back of the device it creek and pop. I though as a IPX-7 waterproof certificate it should feels more solid. Does your units suffer the same problem? Thanks!
    07-31-2015 08:47 AM
    Hi. I was wondering how the gaming performance is? Does it run graphic intense games without any lag? And how good is the front camera?
    07-31-2015 09:48 AM
    Hello,

In my opinion, Google put some extra fat between Android 4.4.x and 5.x releases, so my Moto G 4G XT1040 (1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal memory) is almost useless.

I think the minimum specs are 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory.

I'm waiting my Moto G 3rd gen. Dual-Sim XT1543 (2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory) to arrive.

I used Moto Maker.

The retail version has several choices too.

It has a very good cost-benefit rate.
    07-31-2015 11:09 AM
    My 80 yr old mother wants her first smartphone and I was thinking of getting her the Moto G. With that in mind how would you compare the ease of use to other phones? Finally....could you add the free version of Big Launcher just to test if adding it gives the phone a performance hit?

Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy S6
    07-31-2015 11:10 AM
    My 80 yr old mother wants her first smartphone and I was thinking of getting her the Moto G. With that in mind how would you compare the ease of use to other phones? Finally....could you add the free version of Big Launcher just to test if adding it gives the phone a performance hit?

Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy S6
    Have you considered getting her a Windows Phone? I bought them for my grandparents because 1) they're nice phones, 2) they're very good choices for first-time smartphone users, and 3) they're not expensive. Maybe something like the Lumia 640 (which I recently purchased for myself).

As long as BIG Launcher has a free version, you could download it and use it on the G, yes.
    07-31-2015 11:50 AM
    I got my 70 year old mother a Note 3. The "easy mode" is really helpful for her. Looking back a Windows is a solid phone and I'd also consider a blackberry bold. For the sake of price.

I'm on the new Moto G. Honestly I love it but it's not for some one new to smartphones.

Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy S6
    08-01-2015 12:38 AM
    Glad that the 64 gb micro SD was tested. I believe I read on moto e 2nd gen support page on Motorola forum that if you format to FAT on a PC it works. Might have been the other format I'm not savy with card formatting. Surprised that moto g (2015) doesn't support it. Moto e 2nd gen also supports apps 2 micro SD if the developer of the app enables it. Does the moto g (2015) support it?

One question I really have the moto g (2015) that's burning is about moto assist. The original moto g got updated to support driving mode in moto assist app. Was a godsend of a feature I've never seen texts being read and sent through voice work so well on a phone. That's something I miss on the moto e 2nd gen.

Moto connect with the text via PC would be nice too but I don't expect it. That's the really nice thing about Verizon moto e lte their messenger works on any device. But no talk and data at the same time is a bummer.

Extremely tempted to buy the moto g (2015) and leave Verizon although strangely enough I've had really good service with them and support even though I'm just prepaid. If moto g (2015) has drive mode I will instabuy and the orca moto maker color scheme will be mine. Or Panda.

I'm so impressed with Motorola especially after everyone was writing off the moto g and saying it's outdated and Alcatel and asus took their place. And all they did was add LTE, a decent camera and battery. And the waterproofing (which honestly every moto g has had it hidden. Dropped original g in bucket of lysol water for cleaning floor and it lived and smelled nice after. YouTube videos have proved it's waterproof too) and the moto maker.

I'm just blown away that just those little tweaks and add ons have put moto back in the game and possibly even made it better then last year's moto x (2014) and year old flagships.

And the return of sd card and even for moto x is amazing. I wonder if that's lenovos doing. I think the moto g (2015) is a great phone to get now and then when the moto x style and nexus 7 come out there still be time to decide on the two...or three. Sorry about this lengthy post/question/rave but Motorola phones after the Google/Lenovo buy has been the best Android experience for me personally. Nexus too but only used nexus tablets.

08-01-2015 03:43 AM
    I watch an unboxing video and unfortunately the guy who unbox the Moto G said that his unit has a lot of creaking ugly noise and anywehere pressed on the back of the device it creek and pop. I though as a IPX-7 waterproof certificate it should feels more solid. Does your units suffer the same problem? Thanks!
    Nope

08-01-2015 04:06 AM
    is there any call recorder support on it. really need to know currently using total recall call recorder on my galaxy S3. now want to switch the phone.
    08-01-2015 06:30 AM
    Been shopping on eBay (as someone here suggested) for Moto X 2013s. Have seen them either side of $100 BIN.

Hmm. An X 2013 on a network I don't want to leave, or a G 2015 on GSM? That would pretty much have to be an AT&T/MVNO, as I am not sure T-Mobile's network would work for me coming from VZW.

Same problem for Sprint/Virgin Mobile on the CDMA side, if they get the G (no U.S. Cellular here).
    08-01-2015 11:35 AM
    The vibrate function on the Moto G 2nd Gen and also the Moto X 2nd Gen is pretty weak (and has caused me and a friend to miss many a call while at work). Has this been beefed up on the new Moto G?
    08-01-2015 02:09 PM
    What messaging Apps are installed on the G?
    08-02-2015 04:09 AM
    I want a moto g for a second phone. I'm on Verizon which moto G will I need and will I be able to pop it my sim card from my LG G4 and pit it in the moto and keep going

08-02-2015 06:08 AM
    civinicisium:

Where did you order your XT1543 with 2GB/16GB? Thanks.
    08-02-2015 06:57 AM
    Where did you buy your XT1543?
    08-02-2015 07:00 AM
    I'm curious if the new Moto X has driving mode as part of Moto Assist. This seems to be included in some devices but not others.
    08-02-2015 07:38 AM
    I'm doing the exact same thing on t-mobile now. It's really nice switching between the G4 and Moto G.

I want a moto g for a second phone. I'm on Verizon which moto G will I need and will I be able to pop it my sim card from my LG G4 and pit it in the moto and keep going

08-02-2015 07:42 AM
201 ... 34567 ...