We have the new Moto G, you have questions. Fire away!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Is the camera fast/quick for shots of children? Would performance be on part with a note 2?

Posted via the Android Central App

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Does it have IR sensors for Moto Display or it just uses the proximity sensor? How much of difference in the battery would it make considering it doesn't have an AMOLED screen.
And out of topic, but the does the Moto X Play have IR sensors like the Style?

Posted via the Android Central App

No IR sensors on the G. Yes on the Style.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm also curious about shutter speed on the camera and which moto features are present and which are not.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Seems too early, but curious what kind of battery life you're seeing.

And if it dual Sim or not.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere

Zammo76

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Does your Moto G have Dual Sim capability (it looks like it from the photos in the hands on article)? Do you know if this will be available for the UK market?

Boolean Corporation

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Well as a lot have already asked about battery life, I want to ask about feel in the hand, the camera compared to Nexus 6 (particularly HDR+ if present) since it's the same sensor.
Also how good is the slow motion. I've seen stuttering in Android slow motion cameras in every phone but Samsung's and Sony. Seems to be f-stop related.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Did you test the waterproofing aspects of the phone? Also did you test how tough the Gorilla Glass 3 display really is? Because my Moto E developed a scratch so i doubt the effectiveness of Gorilla Glass 3. Also did you try to play any graphics intensive games on it to see if performance is smooth?

Stennan

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
OK list of questions.
How easy to repair does the phone seem to be (screws visible under the cover)?
How likely is it that we will be able to purchase moto maker components on lets say ebay and upgrade the looks ourselves in cased our country doens't have moto maker?
Any comments on how long they are likely to support this phone with OS updates beyond M (looking at the other Moto Gs)?
How is the in hand feel compared to the other 2015 motos and the Nexus 4 (specifically regarding one hand use)?

pmadusha

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
One feature i miss in Moto G2 was the ability to cast screen to a smart tv using miracast. Last learnt it was disabled due to hardware limitation.
How is it in Moto G3?
Also, does it have TV out/ MHL support?

pheel_n

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

1. Just wondering since the screen is the same resolution as past models, if it is improved any other way such as brightness, sharpness, and clarity?

2. Since the omission of dual speakers, how does this one hold up (tinniness, loudness, volume)? ***This aspect in particular is holding me off from purchasing one***

d2kplus

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Moto G XT1548 is the sku that supports Sprint's Spark LTE bands. The main SKU XT1540 supports CDMA, GSM and LTE but doesn't do Spark or VZW's Band 13, at least not officially. That could be an update though.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Moto G XT1548 is the sku that supports Sprint's Spark LTE bands. The main SKU XT1540 supports CDMA, GSM and LTE but doesn't do Spark or VZW's Band 13, at least not officially. That could be an update though.
So the one with the Sprint Spark bands should have Sprint CDMA bands right?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk