We have the new Moto G, you have questions. Fire away!

iNewsShare

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Sprint Network Compatibility Questions

I called Sprint this morning also.

I've been reading that the four main carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) will not be offering this phone as a subsidized carrier option. However, these phones will work on the CDMA 1900 Mhz (Sprint's network) system.

I'm on my dad's Sprint Family plan.

Also, from what I've read, the Moto G will be available on Sprint's Pre-Paid plans.

From what I was told from customer service this morning, is that if I buy my own unlocked phone, off-contract, that I may apply to this Sprint, or use this on my current Sprint Family account, so long as it technically works. They said while this is permissive, sometimes there might be technical glitches since the phone isn't theirs.

So, it appears that if the Moto G, CDMA, Unlocked, Off-contract, $179 phone, 5-Inch screen, will likely be able to be used on Sprint's normal network.

I'd like to confirm before purchasing the phone.

It seems logical that the same option would apply with the Moto X, at $399.

I would like to know if I can use this on Sprint before buying either phone.

Last edited:

iNewsShare

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
My Moto X 2013 Fist Gen has a clock/lock notification etc. that shows up when the phone is moved or a notification arrives.

My Moto G - 1st Gen does not do this; it just has a blinking notification light up top.

Comparing to the two above, what does the Moto G 3rd Gen do?

iNewsShare

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Moto G 2015 has Moto Display

Is there a link that has the definition of "Moto Display"?

Is Moto Display simply notifications appearing with the icon of the app, appearing with movement, as opposed to the old-style of a blinking light at the top, with no infomation of which application this is associated with?

iNewsShare

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Why is it that the major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) aren't covering this phone as part of it's contract plans?

The only option appears to pay full-price, for an unlocked phone, and purchase the correct phone with the right specs to match the network you're using (i.e. GSM Sim card for AT&T/T-Mobile; CDMA phone for Sprint/Verizon), and have your carrier activate the phone on your current/new plan.

There's still some questions I have (see previous post above) regarding whether or not I'll be able to use the Moto G / Moto X 3rd Gen on my current Sprint Family plan.

neo4uo

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Sprint Network Compatibility Questions

I called Sprint this morning also.

I've been reading that the four main carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) will not be offering this phone as a subsidized carrier option. However, these phones will work on the CDMA 1900 Mhz (Sprint's network) system.

I'm on my dad's Sprint Family plan.

Also, from what I've read, the Moto G will be available on Sprint's Pre-Paid plans.

From what I was told from customer service this morning, is that if I buy my own unlocked phone, off-contract, that I may apply to this Sprint, or use this on my current Sprint Family account, so long as it technically works. They said while this is permissive, sometimes there might be technical glitches since the phone isn't theirs.

So, it appears that if the Moto G, CDMA, Unlocked, Off-contract, $179 phone, 5-Inch screen, will likely be able to be used on Sprint's normal network.

I'd like to confirm before purchasing the phone.

It seems logical that the same option would apply with the Moto X, at $399.

I would like to know if I can use this on Sprint before buying either phone.

You called, but where is going to be forsale at and when. The one on the moto maker page is only the GSM version? Plus does anyone know if lte will work on Verizon? Two of the bands are Verizon but one of them is missing! I and sure 3g and 2g will work, but if you call Verizon they would probably say it wouldn't work because they are soooooooooooooo controlingggggg!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Is the back metal strip made of metal or plastic?

Plastic, I believe.

Does the launcher ever drop from memory on the 1gb model

It shouldn't.

It'll be interesting to see how this works on an LCD display.

Works just fine to me. I'm missing the ability to wave my hand over it a little, but that's about it.

Why is it that the major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) aren't covering this phone as part of it's contract plans?

Follow the $$$.

iNewsShare

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
"Moto G, Verizon Droids Coming to Carriers, But Not Moto X"
(Article Title)
I'm unable to post links. Article from PC Mag.

Last edited:

iNewsShare

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
So does this mean it will work with Verizon? Because I just ordered the phone and I am on Verizon.

It will work on Verizon. You'll have to purchase the CDMA phone compatible with Verizon's network. Unfortunately, I can't post links here, but I've come across articles with the details on this matter, including the various carrier specific Moto G's that will be available for $179.

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The current model of the Moto G that is on sale WILL NOT WORK ON VERIZON OR SPRINT.

Please read that carefully. The new model that is currently for sale will not work on anything but GSM carriers.

IF there versions of the new Moto G that work on Verizon/Sprint, they're not yet released.

Matthew H1

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
The current model of the Moto G that is on sale WILL NOT WORK ON VERIZON OR SPRINT.

Please read that carefully. The new model that is currently for sale will not work on anything but GSM carriers.

IF there versions of the new Moto G that work on Verizon/Sprint, they're not yet released.

Where do you see that? The one on motomaker will not work for Verizon?

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Where do you see that? The one on motomaker will not work for Verizon?

There are two models listed on the specs page. The first is a GSM model (XT1540) which is currently selling, and a CDMA model (XT1548), which is nowhere to be found, yet, for purchase.

The CDMA model, as per the listing, seems to only be for Sprint and some MVNOS--Sprint prepaid, Virgin Mobile, and US Cellular.

Verizon is not listed anywhere, nor is the CDMA variant currently for sale.

Last edited:

iNewsShare

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
The Moto G will be available in all four US Carriers, including Verizon.

I read two articles on this matter yesterday, but I'm prohibited to post links on this forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech