Should I get rid of my LG G2 for the new Moto G?

officially_juju

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
First off, I love my G2 but there are a few things I'm disliking:
- bloatware galore
- being on Cricket I cannot ota the lollipop update
- no expandable memory

The battery life, speed and screen are fantastic though.
I am thinking of the Moto G 16gb to replace it but am fairly new to Android. Asking the techy people... Would this be a good trade off? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Its a good entry level phone, if you are looking for a smaller phone at a good price give it a try. If you don't like it you can send it back without penalty (14 days, 30 days in CA).

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I would say unless your a power user ( heavy high graphic game, photo buff, launch spaceships from your phone type) the moto g will be more than adequate

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
G2 is a better device for sure, if updates isn't a concern. I have used the g2 and the Verizon moto e 2nd gen which has the same cpu as the Moto g 3rd gen. The s800 in the g2 blows the s410 in the Moto g 3rd gen out of the water.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you want a clean experience in a fairly compact, waterproof package and don't need your phone to do all kinds of crazy gaming, the 16/2 version of the G should be fine.

the G2 is still a better phone on paper, but the stock software in moto phones blows LG's horrible horrible skin out of the water.

don't expect it to run neck an neck with the G2, but it seems like it will do basic smartphone stuff just fine.

and like it was said, you can always return it, you're only tying up like $240

officially_juju

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
if you want a clean experience in a fairly compact, waterproof package and don't need your phone to do all kinds of crazy gaming, the 16/2 version of the G should be fine.

the G2 is still a better phone on paper, but the stock software in moto phones blows LG's horrible horrible skin out of the water.

don't expect it to run neck an neck with the G2, but it seems like it will do basic smartphone stuff just fine.

and like it was said, you can always return it, you're only tying up like $240

Thanks. Yeah my phone is used for social media, calls and messaging. I play no games.
I absolutely hate lg's ui and bloatware. They have the ugliest user interface ever lol.
Also, I have Cricket so I cannot update to lollipop and want a phone that will possibly receive Android M as well.

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah my phone is used for social media, calls and messaging. I play no games.
I absolutely hate lg's ui and bloatware. They have the ugliest user interface ever lol.
Also, I have Cricket so I cannot update to lollipop and want a phone that will possibly receive Android M as well.

I'm probably downgrading to the G when it arrives, down from my OnePlus One.

I think you'd be worthwhile getting the G 2015 to at least try out and see if it works for you. I also have Cricket.

That said, take a look at LG's website for PC software that'll update your LG G2. They don't put it out for every carrier variant, but some.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm fairly certain the G will get M. it might not get it right out of the gate, but faster than a G2 would, and probably most other OEMs as well. especially anyone selling new devices at this price point.

my phone is sitting at the local fedex facility right now and it drives me crazy they won't let me go pick it up!