Current N5 user: Get Moto G or wait for new N5?

zorm42

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
2 reasons why I don't like my current N5.
1) Battery life blows chunks
2) "GPS signal lost" every 10-15 mins while using navigation

Love the idea of just paying $220 for the Moto G.

Dug around and can't find any rumors on price for new N5. If they are going flagship like the N6 then I doubt I'll want to drop the cash on it, even if its specs kill the Moto G.

Thanks!

zorm42

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the Moto G. Looked back at what I paid new for my N5 ($349). Only a price point of $299 would have made me pick the new N5 over the new Moto G.

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Ordered the Moto G. Looked back at what I paid new for my N5 ($349). Only a price point of $299 would have made me pick the new N5 over the new Moto G.

As a former Nexus 5 owner, I think you'll be happy with the new G. The battery life sucked on my Nexus 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Battery just doesn't last on the Nexus 5. After a two hour or so drive, my brother's iPhone 5S was at 79% whilst my Nexus 5 was at 67% - despite all the GPS navigation being used on the iPhone and me having barely used my phone.

I'm getting the Moto X Play as soon as it launches for the promise of decent battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

zorm42

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Battery just doesn't last on the Nexus 5. After a two hour or so drive, my brother's iPhone 5S was at 79% whilst my Nexus 5 was at 67% - despite all the GPS navigation being used on the iPhone and me having barely used my phone.

I'm getting the Moto X Play as soon as it launches for the promise of decent battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yep. If I go anywhere and know I won't have a charger for 4-5 hrs I put the phone in battery save mode. Only way I can survive. Will be very pleased to sell it on Craigslist when the new Moto G arrives.