Picked up a Moto G 2015 today

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
This is a big step up from the Moto G 4G. I've had all previous Moto G versions. In terms of build quality it's excellent, there is no creaking or flexing at all. Previous Moto Gs used to gather lint and dust around the edges of the screen, this is much tighter and that isn't happening. That really bugged me.

So far the battery life seems decent, from 4pm until 9pm I lost 15% and that included set up and constant playing with it.

The camera is also a step up. Coming from an S6 or LG G4 you'll certainly notice the difference but if your coming from a previous gen Moto G it's definitely better. In daylight at least it's quick to focus and is good enough for quick snaps and sharing online.

It's fluid with no lag or stuttering, switching between apps is smooth.

The double twist to open the camera and double karate chop to launch the flashlight are great additions.

Overall I'm very happy with it and I'm looking forward to using it for a while.

Posted via the Android Central App

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I got the first one I could, it's the 8gb model. Multitasking is fine, previous G models always had a little lag for me, this one is smooth. I'll probably switch it for the 16gb model when it becomes available.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, I have a Moto e 2nd gen with the same cpu and memory as the Moto g 3rd gen 8gb and I had issues with switching between tasks when you are using lots of apps.

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll see how it goes over the next few days but so far no issues at all. I was fully expecting more of the same but this is smooth.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully you like it, be sure and let us know. Ive never owned a G, i like the Droids, but i am interested in it as recommending it to people who dont care about or need hi end specs.

I really wonder if the new G would be good as say, the 2013 moto x was. I realize they are diffeeent but a whole lot of people like that size phone and dont game on them.

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a pretty gloomy day here but I headed out to see how the camera is. It's definitely a step up over the previous Moto G.

Attachments

• 671.jpg
    671.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 292
  • 673.jpg
    673.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 678.jpg
    678.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 286
  • 676.jpg
    676.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 287
  • 674.jpg
    674.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 288

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
You look happy with the new G :) Which version did you get? How is multitasking comparing with the previous models?
I've had all the models of this phone (1,2,3 gen) and I must admit that this is the fastest. Games like gt racing 2 works flawlessly even with highest graphics and apps installation, multitasking is a breeze.....
How would you rate the low light performance of the 14 vs 15? I've owned every version of the G and have a 15 on the way. (According to the invoice it's being assembled.)

Here's one from the 14 taken well before dawn.

Low light performance with the 14 was very good and I hope it's better with the 15.View attachment 189539

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I've had all the models of this phone (1,2,3 gen) and I must admit that this is the fastest. Games like gt racing 2 works flawlessly even with highest graphics and apps installation, multitasking is a breeze.....

Would you go far as to say that the 1 gb model performs just as well as the 2 gb under normal usage? (Minimal to no games, and other than stock Google apps just FB add FB messenger)

Posted via my G4....because my Nexus 5 died #sadpanda

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Yup. The usage ur talking abt, 1gb ram version would do as well. But I strongly recommend you to opt for 2GB ram version as I've already suffered bcoz of low memory (ram), in my lumia. And now I dont want anybody else to suffer from that (the websites crashes, takes a hell lot of time to open apps like WhatsApp, etc) . Also you will get more storage space in the 2GB ram version.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
What screen on time do you get? Please post a screen shot of your screen on time when the phone is almost out of charge. I hope its good because 2470mah doesn't sound like much.

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
What screen on time do you get? Please post a screen shot of your screen on time when the phone is almost out of charge. I hope its good because 2470mah doesn't sound like much.
3855da265acf4c40bf720414196d774c.jpg

SOT of more than 5 hours with 15% of battery still left....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta