Moto G And Metro PCS

mfish147

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if the new moto G will work with Metro Pcs? And if it does will the 4G work?

Posted via the Android Central App

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Metro Pcs is weird about activating phones that aren't theirs. At least the one in my area is. Going on the website and trying to activate it with the IMEI failed. Going to the actual store and doing it was a nightmare as no one there knew how to operate an android phone to get to the IMEI info to put it on the computer.

TL;DR good luck with that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can you just buy a SIM from them?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

alfick3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you just buy a SIM from them?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
You can go online and buy a Sim, and I know Walmart carries them as well (or at least my local one does here in the Dallas area).

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

alfick3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Metro Pcs is weird about activating phones that aren't theirs. At least the one in my area is. Going on the website and trying to activate it with the IMEI failed. Going to the actual store and doing it was a nightmare as no one there knew how to operate an android phone to get to the IMEI info to put it on the computer.

TL;DR good luck with that.

That's actually changed with the advent of byod. I don't know about the authorized retailers, but the corporate store I go to here in the Dallas area has no issues activating a byod GSM phone.

Sent from my Moto G XT1034 using Tapatalk