Moto G (3rd gen): When did you order and when did/will you receive?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
My parents ordered their devices the morning after it was released, but they still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. They checked the order status online and it shows it has been assembled since last Wednesday, but no shipping details. Anyone else?

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: When did you order and when did/will you receive?

Same for me. Has me wondering if it is actually on back-order as there is no way it will make it by the estimated delivery date of the 7th. ( fingers crossed though )

guapinoy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Just got a notice from FedEx. I got something coming from China from MODUSLINK ELECTRONIC. I'm thinking this is the G. Wow all the way from China. Getting here this week.

Posted via the Android Central App

zorm42

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Same for me. Order Complete July 29. Still no shipping info. Chatted support yesterday and all they did was quote the estimated arrival date.

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Ordered on launch day and received it yesterday 8/3 (a day earlier than originally estimated).

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Ordered a white frame with golden yellow cover and orange accents today.

16 GB/2 GB Ram

Engraved too delivery date is August 24th *tear *

I'm hoping it magically ships sooner. There is a tracker though which is cool.

I'm still keeping my OG moto G and my moto e 2nd gen lte. But I learned my lesson with the moto e 2nd gen lte. 1GB Ram isn't enough. Delivery date is probably so late because of white phone+16 GB+Engraved.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Convinced now that the delivery date of the August 7th is impossible given the "not yet shipped" status I did an online chat. No ( useful ) information obtained.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Ordered on launch day and received it yesterday 8/3 (a day earlier than originally estimated).

Thanks. Did you get a shipping confirmation when it shipped? If so, when did you get the shipping confirmation?

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. Did you get a shipping confirmation when it shipped? If so, when did you get the shipping confirmation?

I ordered on the launch day, the 28th, got a shipping confirmation on the 30th, and it arrived on the 3rd.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Made a call to Motorola support for information on the delivery status. After much prying I was able to find out that although the delivery date has not changed on the site (order status) it will not make it by then. They said perhaps by the tenth. The phone call was handled very professionally I'd recommend calling versus the online chat.

Ian3530

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Ordered my 2GB white for the wife late on the 29th and I was just told by support that it will come tomorrow. The site says delivery on the 7th, order has been completed since the 30th. I asked them if it's coming tomorrow then where is the tracking info. He said it isn't showing tracking but don't worry it will get emailed to me when it ships. Then I said well don't they come out of china and he said no. Who knows at this point.

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Though, here in India we haven't got the moto maker yet. I got this phone within 30 hours from ordering, really happy with with this phone.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Ordered my 2GB white for the wife late on the 29th and I was just told by support that it will come tomorrow. The site says delivery on the 7th, order has been completed since the 30th. I asked them if it's coming tomorrow then where is the tracking info. He said it isn't showing tracking but don't worry it will get emailed to me when it ships. Then I said well don't they come out of china and he said no. Who knows at this point.

Sounds just like my order on the 2GB. It's also been completed since the 30th.
They do come from China, but at this point they might just as well be delivered from the moon.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Previous Motorola phones I have received from Moto maker (bought many times), always arrive before even they email me that it has been shipped. Their order notification system isn't great so won't be surprised if the phone shows up without you receiving any shipping notification. One way to find out if anything is shipped is by signing up to FedEx deliver manager which notifies if anything is shipped to your address. Motorola uses FedEx for shipping so you will know if some package is coming to you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

They have been overwhelmed by the demand on the Moto G....I am hoping for the same to happen with the X Style when it is released.

Ian3530

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

A follow up today, they told me the estimate is not accurate on the moto g, and they are being sent out in batches as soon as possible. Also apologized that they cannot give me an estimate on delivery date or tracking.

steverap

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Has ANYONE who ordered a 16GB phone using Moto Maker received it yet? My wife ordered hers on July 29, and it said it an estimated delivery date of August 6 (today). She never got a tracking ID, but when she called this morning, the person she talked to said, "It will definitely be delivered today." She asked them multiple times, and they repeated the same thing. Since it was going to be delivered today, I made sure I was at home all day. (I work from home, but had errands that I needed to do today.)

Since it hadn't arrived by 5pm, she called again, and now they say it won't be delivered for another week. Needless to say she is extremely frustrated. She finally got them to throw in a free case. My guess is they got way more orders for the 16GB model than they were expecting. (I would think that the demand for the 16GB model was at least 10 times greater than the 8GB model.)

guapinoy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Mine was suppose to come today. Now it is scheduled tomorrow. It came from China. I ordered it on the 29th. 2/16gb variant. FedEx delivery manager sent me the notice yesterday. Motorola sent me one too. All of them said delivery will be 8/7.

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Has ANYONE who ordered a 16GB phone using Moto Maker received it yet? My wife ordered hers on July 29, and it said it an estimated delivery date of August 6 (today). She never got a tracking ID, but when she called this morning, the person she talked to said, "It will definitely be delivered today." She asked them multiple times, and they repeated the same thing. Since it was going to be delivered today, I made sure I was at home all day. (I work from home, but had errands that I needed to do today.)

Since it hadn't arrived by 5pm, she called again, and now they say it won't be delivered for another week. Needless to say she is extremely frustrated. She finally got them to throw in a free case. My guess is they got way more orders for the 16GB model than they were expecting. (I would think that the demand for the 16GB model was at least 10 times greater than the 8GB model.)

I ordered mine on launch day, the 28th. I got mine on the 3rd, a day earlier than the estimated delivery date. I think those who got their orders in the first day got the first run of phones, and now they're overwhelmed with orders. I get she's frustrated, but she's going to enjoy it when she gets the phone, I bet.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site

My parents called Moto to get a status. Said that the phone had not shipped yet and they were behind on their orders. They gave him $25 discount and said they should ship sometime next week.

Just FYI to those of you whose shipments are already in route...the large Fed Ex hub in TN got hit with the storms, so expect delays on your shipments. I believe they have stopped shipments in and out of that hub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy