Moto G (3rd gen): When did you order and when did/will you receive?

zorm42

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: When did you order and when did/will you receive?

Ordered on July 29th. Est. arrival Aug 6. Moto status tracker said "Order Complete" on July 29. Stuck on that until today. Got email with tracking info, new est. arrival is Aug 13.

Super frustrating that they didn't communicate better. Chatted a representative online to tell them how frustrating it was. Asked if there was anything they could do to discount or get free accessories and they provided $25 off accessories coupon code.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Ordered on July 29th. Est. arrival Aug 6. Moto status tracker said "Order Complete" on July 29. Stuck on that until today. Got email with tracking info, new est. arrival is Aug 13.

Same exact thing here. Just got the email with tracking info and ETA of the 13th as well. Wait...Dad, is that you? :)

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Thanks to this thread I contacted Motorola (again) shed some tears and got my $25 promo. Looks like it's going to be late next week for delivery.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

Ordered Wednesday Jul 29 and received it that Friday 31 July. Shipped from China, went to Hong Kong, then Alaska, then Tennessee, then here in California.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Ordered Wednesday Jul 29 and received it that Friday 31 July. Shipped from China, went to Hong Kong, then Alaska, then Tennessee, then here in California.

That was fast ... Guess 8 GB version?

Ryan Lounsbury

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

My Moto G still seems to be in purgatory. I ordered on 7/30 and my original confirmation was for 8/7. Called on the 6th and still hadn't received any shipping notification. They noted as in the previous posts that they are behind but will send me a shipping confirmation as soon as they where able to confirm.

Fast forward to today (8/10) I still have no shipping confirmation and it has been hanging out in order complete status since 8/3. I'm hopping I get a confirmation today or tomorrow. I do understand that the demand was huge but seems a little crazy that it will take more than a week to ship a completed product.

Ian3530

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

My Moto G still seems to be in purgatory. I ordered on 7/30 and my original confirmation was for 8/7. Called on the 6th and still hadn't received any shipping notification. They noted as in the previous posts that they are behind but will send me a shipping confirmation as soon as they where able to confirm.

Fast forward to today (8/10) I still have no shipping confirmation and it has been hanging out in order complete status since 8/3. I'm hopping I get a confirmation today or tomorrow. I do understand that the demand was huge but seems a little crazy that it will take more than a week to ship a completed product.

Mine was also setup for 8/7 delivery. Then they changed it to the 12th on the 7th and I finally got tracking also. I called again to ask and make sure what was going on. The agent Saturday said we never listed it as the 7th and we can't change the date of delivery so I am wrong. I offered to forward my email and receipt she said well then i must have modified them. After we got into a debate on me being a liar for some unknown reason I asked for a supervisor. He told me that in fact when my order said completed on the 30th they marked that in error because the phone wasn't ready, and the delivery date was pushed back till the 12th. He went on to tell me that the 16gb model they "ran out of parts" to make and he was told they didn't anticipate the demand. Also he pointed out all the colors of back shells that were on backorder. So my date was changed to the 12th. Then today right before I left the house at 10am here is Fedex with my phone, on the 10th. So off the the T-mobile store, need a micro sim, not a nano I had in my wifes old moto x 2013.

Ryan Lounsbury

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

Mine was also setup for 8/7 delivery. Then they changed it to the 12th on the 7th and I finally got tracking also. I called again to ask and make sure what was going on. The agent Saturday said we never listed it as the 7th and we can't change the date of delivery so I am wrong. I offered to forward my email and receipt she said well then i must have modified them. After we got into a debate on me being a liar for some unknown reason I asked for a supervisor. He told me that in fact when my order said completed on the 30th they marked that in error because the phone wasn't ready, and the delivery date was pushed back till the 12th. He went on to tell me that the 16gb model they "ran out of parts" to make and he was told they didn't anticipate the demand. Also he pointed out all the colors of back shells that were on backorder. So my date was changed to the 12th. Then today right before I left the house at 10am here is Fedex with my phone, on the 10th. So off the the T-mobile store, need a micro sim, not a nano I had in my wifes old moto x 2013.

Bizarre! Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll magically show up today or tomorrow.

I had a completely different experience when calling in. The person I got on the call was very honest in saying that it hasn't shipped and he wasn't sure when it would ship. They then connected me to someone in fulfillment who had essentially the same answer and said I'd get a separate email with tracking once it was available.

Weird. If it is indeed back ordered I'd like to think that Motorola would notify those customers if that is the case and if not at least be a bit more transparent in actual shipping times.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site

My parents phone has been very slow to get out of asia. It has been in China for a few days, Hong Kong for a few days, and even now still shows in Taiwan. The estimated delivery date is still Wednesday, 8/12 by 10:30 am. This means it has to get from Taiwan to my doorstep in less than 2 days. Interested to see how this plays out.

Ian3530

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck, they did offer me an accessory being they never told me about a delay.

Ryan Lounsbury

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

If I don't having shipping confirmation by tomorrow I think I may just cancel the order. The Moto G wasn't going to replace my primary phone (Lumia 930). No reason to lock up my cash in something that has no firm delivery date a week post supposed completion.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

That was fast ... Guess 8 GB version?
The low end version, 1 gb of ram. The phone it was replacing had half a gig of ram so I knew that 1 gig would be sufficient. Storage space isn't an issue since I use a 32 gb memory card for my music. I don't really do much with my phone other than play music and use the stopwatch/timer for stretches after jogging.

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

If I don't having shipping confirmation by tomorrow I think I may just cancel the order. The Moto G wasn't going to replace my primary phone (Lumia 930). No reason to lock up my cash in something that has no firm delivery date a week post supposed completion.
Problem is don't think they can cancel the order now at least that's my experience ordering the other Moto's thru their site. You might have to return it back once you receive, but they cover shipping everything and there is no restocking fee so not a big deal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

I ordered mine yday (Aug. 9). I chatted w/ a rep online, and asked if I could get it before Fri. Aug. 21. She assured me yes it would be delivered before then. I placed my order while she was chatting w/ me, and it says it will be delivered Aug. 24, which is after I go on my international trip. Thanks a lot Moto...As of yesterday, it indicated my order is complete. So, if I'm reading it correctly, it just has to be shipped/delivered?

Untitled.png

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Problem is don't think they can cancel the order now at least that's my experience ordering the other Moto's thru their site. You might have to return it back once you receive, but they cover shipping everything and there is no restocking fee so not a big deal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Correct - you can cancel your order but you must do it within an hour of placing your order. Ryan has to basically return the device to Moto for a refund.

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

I ordered mine yday (Aug. 9). I chatted w/ a rep online, and asked if I could get it before Fri. Aug. 21. She assured me yes it would be delivered before then. I placed my order while she was chatting w/ me, and it says it will be delivered Aug. 24, which is after I go on my international trip. Thanks a lot Moto...As of yesterday, it indicated my order is complete. So, if I'm reading it correctly, it just has to be shipped/delivered?

View attachment 190701

My order status has looked like that since 07/30 (the date of my order). Still no tracking number!

Posted via the Android Central App

steverap

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Has ANYONE who ordered a 16GB phone using Moto Maker received it yet? My wife ordered hers on July 29, and it said it an estimated delivery date of August 6 (today). She never got a tracking ID, but when she called this morning, the person she talked to said, "It will definitely be delivered today." She asked them multiple times, and they repeated the same thing. Since it was going to be delivered today, I made sure I was at home all day. (I work from home, but had errands that I needed to do today.)

Since it hadn't arrived by 5pm, she called again, and now they say it won't be delivered for another week. Needless to say she is extremely frustrated. She finally got them to throw in a free case. My guess is they got way more orders for the 16GB model than they were expecting. (I would think that the demand for the 16GB model was at least 10 times greater than the 8GB model.)

She got an email with a tracking number on August 7. Estimated delivery was 8/13/15. Now FedEx tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow, 8/12/15, by 10:30 am. It was shipped from China. Here's the progress for those who are curious.

Date/Time
Activity Location
8/10/2015 - Monday
9:30 pm In transit TA YUAN HSIANG TW
8:51 pm In transit TA YUAN HSIANG TW
4:33 pm In transit CHEK LAP KOK HK
3:29 pm International shipment release - Import ANCHORAGE, AK
2:38 pm In transit ANCHORAGE, AK
1:30 pm Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
11:01 am In transit ANCHORAGE, AK
8/09/2015 - Sunday
6:16 pm At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
8/08/2015 - Saturday
10:18 pm At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
8:29 pm In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK
5:30 pm Left FedEx origin facility SHENZHEN CN
5:29 pm International shipment release - Import SHENZHEN CN
4:35 pm Clearance in progress SHENZHEN CN
4:35 pm Clearance in progress SHENZHEN CN
9:43 am Picked up SHENZHEN CN
8/07/2015 - Friday
7:01 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

Last edited:

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Mine sat in the completed section of the progress bar since the 30th. The estimated delivery date remains the 7th of August. Poor me. :p

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Mine sat in the completed section of the progress bar since the 30th. The estimated delivery date remains the 7th of August. Poor me. :p

Weird. You seemed to be on the same track as the rest of us (ordered 1st or 2nd day, initially scheduled for the 7th, delayed but back on track a week later). I figured you'd be getting updated shipping info this week like the rest of us. My parents' show out for delivery today.

I know you have to be frustrated.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

It seems they are either lying about the order progress or are really horrible at shipping these out. I just placed an order yesterday and within 8 hours it shows as order complete but an estimated received date of 8/31. So they processed my order and built my phone all within 8 hours but are going to wait nearly 3 weeks until they ship out my completed order.