Moto G (3rd gen): When did you order and when did/will you receive?

steverap

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: When did you order and when did/will you receive?

It finally arrived this morning. Ordered 16GB via Moto Maker on 7/29. Original estimated delivery of 8/6, delivered on 8/12.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I wonder if the colors ordered further effect the delay? I alternate between black and white for each purchase. This was a white year for this G. Are white phones more popular and so prone to additional delay?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Looks like there is a delay of at least a week for 16 GB orders from the original estimate. Was suppose to receive mine on 8/10 now coming next Monday. I tried to cancel but couldn't. With Moto X releasing on Sep 3rd I won't be using this that long. Probably will return or sell it locally.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Mine just arrived. 7 days past the estimated delivery date.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

How long does the shipping process take once you get shipping confirmation? Mine is supposed to arrive hopefully on Aug. 24

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

I ordered on August 8. Had an estimated delivery date of August 24. Just got shipping info and estimated delivery is now the 20th. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

I ordered on August 8. Had an estimated delivery date of August 24. Just got shipping info and estimated delivery is now the 20th. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the same email last night. Same order date and delivery date.

Posted via the Android Central App

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Just want to confirm motorola's ordering sucks. I ordered a 2/16 on 8/11 and it delivers 8/31. It is showing as completed but not shipped. I tried to cancel this and was denied. Was told once it can't be canceled despite the fact that it won't ship for nearly two weeks.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Just want to confirm motorola's ordering sucks. I ordered a 2/16 on 8/11 and it delivers 8/31. It is showing as completed but not shipped. I tried to cancel this and was denied. Was told once it can't be canceled despite the fact that it won't ship for nearly two weeks.
Yeah that's true, it's a loss for them only. Since they don't let us cancel basically they have to incur return shipping and used phone instead of cancelling it before shipping. No wonder they keep losing money, this has been like this from way back in 2013 when the original Moto X was released. So they have had lot of time to refine the ordering process but still not you can't cancel after the first hour. According to me any good website should allow you to cancel until it ships, once it ships I understand but before that get your act together Motorola.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bgivnin

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

I placed my order for a 16/2 on 8/4 and the estimated shipping date is 8/24. It's been sitting at Order Complete since 8/4 with no movement. No shipping info sent yet either. Looks like I just have to sit on my hands and hope that I get it by 8/24.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Ordered a 2/16 on 8/2. I called them on 8/13 asking about the status. They said it was delayed and should ship by 8/31 but she would put me down as priority. I got a shipping confirmation that night for estimated delivery today. It arrived yesterday.

bgivnin

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

I called Motorola this morning and they said that my order placed on 8/4 is still "on track" and I should be getting it by 8/24... nothing looks "strange" about it. They did have problems earlier in the process, but they've been worked out. He said that he'll keep an eye on the order and if it doesn't ship by 8/24, he'll escalate it and make sure the order is expedited, and gave me a case number to reference if there are any other concerns. I should also get a shipping notice later this week, so fingers crossed.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

It seems they are either lying about the order progress or are really horrible at shipping these out. I just placed an order yesterday and within 8 hours it shows as order complete but an estimated received date of 8/31. So they processed my order and built my phone all within 8 hours but are going to wait nearly 3 weeks until they ship out my completed order.

I'm quoting myself to provide an update. My original order said completed just hours after placing it. Today, I got an email saying, thanks your order has been received and we are now building/customizing your device. The order status still shows that my device is completed. Sounds like the completed status is incorrect.

I chatted with Moto and they confirmed my device just started being built. And they "hope" to get it to me by 8/31/15.

bruce73

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Ordered 8gb/1gb on 8/16 with delivery by 8/25 (at that time only the 2/16 was back ordered). Seemed kinda fast, but still hoping it's on track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ebinity

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

Picked one from store in Finland yesterday in Finland. (Gigantti has them i Stöck in Finland.)

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

Placed my order today for a 16gb. I think their inventory system is messed up though, as it says:

View attachment 192099
Yeah I tested it out earlier today after the 2GB was unavailable altogether yesterday. No order, just put it in my shopping cart at various times. I got an 8/28 estimate, a 9/3 estimate, a 9/8 estimate, and an unavailable. One time it said "Back Order - Estimated delivery: Sep 8, 2015."

I didn't believe any of it.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I tested it out earlier today after the 2GB was unavailable altogether yesterday. No order, just put it in my shopping cart at various times. I got an 8/28 estimate, a 9/3 estimate, a 9/8 estimate, and an unavailable. One time it said "Back Order - Estimated delivery: Sep 8, 2015."

I didn't believe any of it.

I never saw the 8/28 date, but did see the 9/3 date for the white front and 9/8 for the black. Also saw it varying between in-stock and back-ordered with those same dates, as well as out of stock.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Anybody know what the in-cart difference is between "Back-Order" and "Estimated delivery?" I get the following when added to my cart:

"Availability: Back-Order. Sep 3, 2015"

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Anybody know what the in-cart difference is between "Back-Order" and "Estimated delivery?" I get the following when added to my cart:

"Availability: Back-Order. Sep 3, 2015"

I don't think there is any difference, and the status could change as you go through the checkout process. When I check my order status it makes no mention of back-order, in-stock, or out-of-stock; just an estimated delivery date is shown.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084