Moto G (3rd gen): When did you order and when did/will you receive?

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: When did you order and when did/will you receive?

Seems like some people are having better luck. Ordered a 1Ram/16GB White Model with engraving on August 5th. Original delivery date was 8/24/15. It sat at order complete for a week so I called yesterday 8/20/15. Sales lady told me it would be delivered on the delivery date and explained they are backordered on parts and for quality purposes that want to ship the best products. I hope that means they applied the stage fright patch. On the Motorola forums they seemed to hint that the new moto g's would have them built in. And that the style and pure will have them.

Delivery date is now 08/25/15. Lady technically kind of lied and I asked how it would get shipped from china that fast to make it by Monday. It just shipped today according to FedEx tracking. Alright moto said it did yesterday. The information was sent to FedEx yesterday I think that's what they recommend.

I recommend that too anyone ordering any model especially the 1/16 GB or the white version or any of the back ordered covers or engraving to do this. As soon as the phone is in "Assembled and Complete". Call Motorola a day or two later. It seems that some people have gotten theirs shipped sooner or a free accessory out of it. I should have called sooner. Like someone else said I'm going out of town for a month so basically by the time I get back the moto Pure will probably be out. I asked if the delays had anything to do with the moto Pure coming out and asked when it's coming and she wouldn't say anything. That's too be expected.

Slightly disappointed but I ordered after the 16 GB was backordered and basically the day it became delayed. I meant to order a few days earlier but couldn't press enter yet. Also the engraving might have been the nail in the delay coffin too. But I wanted to see how it looked and since the shells are interchange that's cool. Hoping the moto Pure shipping goes better.

Posted via the Android Central App

bruce73

May 10, 2013
Visit site

To you guys who have received yours, was signature required for delivery? I, too, will be out of town for a month in a couple of weeks and I have visions of it sitting at the Post Office and then being returned.

Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Ordered 8/9, was supposed to leave country today. Trip got postponed by a week, so I had my hopes up of getting the phone by the 8/24 delivery date that was quoted when I ordered. I logged in yesterday, and it said estimated delivery of September 9 /frustrated. BUT, I just got my shipment notice, and the phone should be here early next week.

bgivnin

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Motorola emailed me back yesterday and said they were still watching my order, and that he was going to escalate it to make sure it was expedited. 2 hours later, I got a FedEx mail with a tracking number and an ETA of Tuesday the 25th, and I've been tracking it ever since. It started in Shenzen, then HK, and it landed in TN a few hours ago. I don't think I'll have it Monday like it was originally estimated, but Tuesday is close enough that we'll call it even. I'm just impatient.

I'm still kicking myself I didn't order it when I wanted to. I would have had it for over 2 weeks by now. Oh well! I get it soon and will enjoy it just the same.

Did anyone order a Blue shell? I'm curious how it looks. I can't seem to find any user photos of it.

bruce73

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Ordered 8/9, was supposed to leave country today. Trip got postponed by a week, so I had my hopes up of getting the phone by the 8/24 delivery date that was quoted when I ordered. I logged in yesterday, and it said estimated delivery of September 9 /frustrated. BUT, I just got my shipment notice, and the phone should be here early next week.
Same with me. Go figure.

Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Hopefully good news. FedEx tracker shows that it left Memphis, TN at 5:15 am. I'm in Norcross, GA there's a small chance it might come today even though the delivery date is 8/25/15. I'm hoping. I'm impressed with how fast it got to the states from China

bgivnin

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Our G's were on the same flight! Mine is sitting at the Seattle, WA sorting facility as of 7:30am. I'm having mine shipped to my work address, so I'm hoping I'll get it on Monday, which was the day they originally estimated I would get it. Not bad for having left China on Friday morning.

Hopefully good news. FedEx tracker shows that it left Memphis, TN at 5:15 am. I'm in Norcross, GA there's a small chance it might come today even though the delivery date is 8/25/15. I'm hoping. I'm impressed with how fast it got to the states from China

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Our G's were on the same flight! Mine is sitting at the Seattle, WA sorting facility as of 7:30am. I'm having mine shipped to my work address, so I'm hoping I'll get it on Monday, which was the day they originally estimated I would get it. Not bad for having left China on Friday morning.

You'll probably definitely get it Monday. Ha that's a good idea to have it shipped to work. Mine is at the sorting facility in Atlanta, GA so it will definitely be better Monday. Just wish I could :(

I wonder if they shipped out from China so fast had to do with the timezone changes.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Ordered a 16/2 on 8/11 with an original rec'd date of 8/31. Just got shipping notice and I should have it by Wednesday 8/26.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Ordered 2/16 on 08/08/15 and received it 08/24/15.

xSCx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

Ordered a 2/16 on August 13 and got shipment notification last night, should be here Friday!

Funny thing is I chatted with Motorola support yesterday morning and they gave me 2 coupons for 10% off for the shipment delay :)

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Ordered myself a 2/16 on 8-23 and it was delivered on 8-31. Tracking stated delivery on 9-3. Pretty happy so far with my first smart phone...

Zapped

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Ordered a 16GB/2GB white Moto G 2015 last Thursday Aug 27 with an estimated Friday Sep 04 delivery. By Saturday Aug 29, just two days later, the order status slider had moved from Order Placed through Order Approved, Device Built, and Order Complete. But that slider has been sitting on "Order Complete" since (it's now four days later, Wednesday Sep 02). Doesn't seem likely I'll be getting the phone on Fri Sep 04 if it hasn't even shipped yet.

Motorola's website sure is flaky. A couple of times I've checked the order status & either got a broken page or no-order-status-found messages. Today I tried to use the "Chat Online with Us" feature on Motorola's "Contact Us" page. A new client pops up but just hangs on "Searching...". Dialed up a human operator who said the system is undergoing maintenance. The operator had no additional information about my order. The operator said he would look into the matter and concluded the call. A few minutes later, an email arrives from Motorola with a subject line "[Incident: 150903-013585]". It's a blank email containing only the Moto bat-wing logo in a blue circle. Well, OK, there's also text which reads "[---001:000007:00720---]". Very informative!

Ordering a "custom" phone from Motorola when I don't want to configure any kind of a custom phone is a very different experience from ordering something direct from an online vendor's inventory. If only Amazon was stocking 16GB white OR black models, I would have had the device from inventory in two days. I can't imagine many customers putting up with this kind of a purchase experience except for the fact that the Moto G 2015 looks like it should be a great unlocked Android phone at a great price. If it ever arrives...

Last edited:

M2C3

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

Ordered a 16GB/2GB white Moto G 2015 last Thursday Aug 27 with an estimated Friday Sep 04 delivery. By Saturday Aug 29, just two days later, the order status slider had moved from Order Placed through Order Approved, Device Built, and Order Complete. But that slider has been sitting on "Order Complete" since (it's now four days later, Wednesday Sep 02). Doesn't seem likely I'll be getting the phone on Fri Sep 04 if it hasn't even shipped yet.

Motorola's website sure is flaky. A couple of times I've checked the order status & either got a broken page or no-order-status-found messages. Today I tried to use the "Chat Online with Us" feature on Motorola's "Contact Us" page. A new client pops up but just hangs on "Searching...". Dialed up a human operator who said the system is undergoing maintenance. The operator had no additional information about my order. The operator said he would look into the matter and concluded the call. A few minutes later, an email arrives from Motorola with a subject line "[Incident: 150903-013585]". It's a blank email containing only the Moto bat-wing logo in a blue circle. Well, OK, there's also text which reads "[---001:000007:00720---]". Very informative!

Ordering a "custom" phone from Motorola when I don't want to configure any kind of a custom phone is a very different experience from ordering something direct from an online vendor's inventory. If only Amazon was stocking 16GB white OR black models, I would have had the device from inventory in two days. I can't imagine many customers putting up with this kind of a purchase experience except for the fact that the Moto G 2015 looks like it should be a great unlocked Android phone at a great price. If it ever arrives...

Same Zapped. I ordered a 2/16 on August 26th with a estimated delivery date of 9/3 (today) and haven't even received a tracking number. My order status also says "Order Complete" but shows it isn't "in transit" yet. I received an email from Moto support earlier today saying that my phone has been "exported" which means it's in the box and ready to be picked up by Fedex and shipped. That makes me really question the estimated delivery date of today. The whole ordering experience has been pretty terrible overall. We are in 2015; Moto should be providing its customers with a better system to track their purchase from beginning to end. I'll be genuinely surprised if it arrives today but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edit:

I spoke with Moto on chat and they finally confirmed that there are part shortages. Here is what they told me about 30 mins ago:

"I want to apologize because your order hasn't shipped yet. We have received reports that due to the high volume of orders there are certain items that have ran out of stock and that has caused some delays in all of the orders. However, we do know that our warehouse is doing their best to have everything shipped out as soon as possible, we are expecting the updates in this 24 hours. As soon as the package is picked up by FedEx, you will receive the confirmation email for it."

Not particularly happy but out of my hands.

Last edited:

Zapped

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Quick, content-free update. I replied to the nearly-empty email from Motorola yesterday and received this reply today -

"Good day.

We are just making a follow up regarding your concern about your Moto G,phone that you have ordered online,and we dont have yet any updates for the tracking number,but once we have it we will still be notifying you of this sorry for the inconvenience of this.

If you still need further assistance, please feel free to contact us, by calling 800-734-5870. The customer service hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 10 PM, Saturday and Sunday 9 AM – 6 PM CST.

Thank you.
Motorola Customer Support"

I wonder how the folks designing these low-cost, good-performing, desireable phones like having their work sabotaged by complete & utter idiots who market them directly to customers. Actually I don't wonder; the smart engineers leave for greener pastures and the company eventually goes under. Welp, hopefully my phone will arrive before bankruptcy ;)

EDIT: let's add some content! The day after I wrote this reply I got an email from Moto with a tracking number. It left SHENZHEN CN on Friday Sep 04, hit FedEx in Memphis TN by Sunday Sep 06, and arrived at my door on Wednesday Sep 09. Phone is working great, but I am a little bummed out about Moto's decision to remove the front notification LED.

Last edited:

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my white 16gb yesterday, 9/5 and got an estimated delivery for 9/16. About 3-4 hours later I got an email my order was accepted and assembly would begin. With an 11 day wait, it looks like they're rectifying the part shortage by delaying delivery by a couple extra days.

kenbuzz

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my 16GB/2GB G3 via MotoMaker on Thursday 8/25.
Got shipping notice on Friday 9/4 (10 days later - that's okay, I expected the 16GB to have a build delay due to demand)
Arrived in Memphis on Sunday 9/6. Then the fun began:
--- 9/6 8:31pm Clearance delay - Import ("Part number not provided in customer's database")
--- 9/7 4:01pm International shipment release - Import
--- 9/8 (today) 12:26am International shipment release - Import

Uncertain whether I should just sit back and wait, or get engaged with Moto or FedEx to see if I can "help" move things along. They're promising a Friday delivery (9/11), which is a week later than the original delivery date when I ordered.

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Haven't received yet, and order status is still at order approved. Not looking good.

You should call. My white 16gb was updated to 'building' in a few hours, on a Saturday afternoon, which means it was the middle of the night in China, and it was still sent to assembly. It hasn't budged since, but it sure made it there fast!! I assume they are back ordered still, and are trying to play catch up with device assembly still

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same sequence of events. Seems like its the standard delivery flow. It basically takes 10-12 days after you place the order. For the 16gb version that is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney