Moto G on ATT

xSCx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
So I'm strongly considering switching from Sprint to pre-paid ATT as soon as my contract is up (next month). I want to get the Moto G but I keep reading about ATT phones not being able to get LTE unless the phone is right from them. Any way around this or will the moto G be fine?

xSCx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
In this case buying a new SIM card and phone then transferring my number, I shouldn't have any issues with getting LTE like people have been reporting with the Zenfone 2

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Just moved my SIM card from old phone to the G and no problems LTE right off the bat, didn't even have to change the APN's.

logicl77

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could say the same. I have been using a moto E 2nd LTE on AT&T for 6 months with no issues, LTE works great. I just got 2 new moto G 2015, 16gb, 2g ram versions today in the mail. Tried both, neither will connect to LTE. When in the settings, cellular network settings, prefered network type, I choose LTE(recommended), and as soon as I get out of the menu and go back in, it defaults back to 3g. Both phones do this. I called motorola, they are sending me 2 new replacements. Not sure what the issue is, but pop'ed the micro sim back into the moto E, and LTE comes up right away.

Lewis

xSCx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I would be needing a new sim from ATT since I don't have service with them already. I just hope I can connect to LTE without any hassles, the struggle is real haha.

bruce73

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could say the same. I have been using a moto E 2nd LTE on AT&T for 6 months with no issues, LTE works great. I just got 2 new moto G 2015, 16gb, 2g ram versions today in the mail. Tried both, neither will connect to LTE. When in the settings, cellular network settings, prefered network type, I choose LTE(recommended), and as soon as I get out of the menu and go back in, it defaults back to 3g. Both phones do this. I called motorola, they are sending me 2 new replacements. Not sure what the issue is, but pop'ed the micro sim back into the moto E, and LTE comes up right away.

Lewis

What APN are you using with the Moto Gs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

logicl77

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the standard phone apn.
Update, so I went to my local AT&T store and asked for a new sim. The rep confirmed all their Sims are LTE enabled. Sure enough she activated the new sim, I popped it into the new Moto G 2015 and LTE worked! It wasn't the phones, just needed new Sim cards.