Can anybody please help me with "Contacts" in my new Moto G3!

I just shifted from Xperia M running on Jelly Bean. It has Xperia Facebook and my contacts were properly synced. In Moto G3 initially it was OK, showing contacts of my Google account. But when I installed my old contacts from memory card through .vcf file, everything got mishmash!

All my contacts in Facebook, Whatsapp, Yahoo(3 different accounts), Gmail are showing separately! One single name coming in 3/4 places! I removed Facebook account in order to add it again, and it's not adding! Went to Contacts > Contacts to display > selected "All contacts", not working. Went to Conacts > Accounts > Add account, Facebook is not getting added! Went to Settings > Accounts > Add account, still I can't add Facebook.

Please help me to synchronize between all my contacts in Google, Facebook, Whatsapp & Yahoo.

Thanks in advance.
    08-18-2015 01:09 AM
    I am having contact synchronization problems; although, not the same as you. My problem is that changes in Google Contacts (via computer web browser) do not show up on the phone. I think it got confused when I edited contacts on the phone and on the computer within a few minutes of each other. An online search shows that contact synchronization is a fairly common problem, but I didn't see any authoritative solution. There is an app in the play store that worked for some, but not for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ontactsSyncFix

Please keep us posted if you find a solution.
    08-18-2015 11:15 AM
    [Deleted duplicate post]
    08-18-2015 11:16 AM
    Sad to hear that you're facing problem with new Moto G3.

My problem is that I can not add Facebook in Accounts neither under Settings nor under Contacts!

I'll let you know if I find any solution in this forum.
    08-19-2015 02:02 AM
    I found that going into
    Settings
    Apps
    All
    Contact Storage

Then chose Clear Data......it wiped all the contacts from my phone then re-synced them with my gmail account version almost instantly

I'd make sure you have a backup or they are all in Gmail first before proceeding - cos if you lose all you contacts I'm not taking the blame.....but this worked for me.

I don't know if it will properly sync in future but at least what is on the laptop now matches my phone
    01-10-2016 11:34 AM