Moto G (3rd gen): Impressive Battery Life

Jordan Sheppard

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I only wish I could get these results on my lg g4. I may just switch full-time to my moto g! 2 h 56 min SOT and at 63%!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 290.jpg
    290.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 289.jpg
    289.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 215

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Impressive battery life (screenshots)

You did charge a bit there. Probably would have been closer to 50% remaining . Still solid battery life. About 6 hours SoT over 20+ hours is great

Jordan Sheppard

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

You did charge a bit there. Probably would have been closer to 50% remaining . Still solid battery life. About 6 hours SoT over 20+ hours is great

My apologies! I forgot I plugged it into my car to sync my contacts! Thanks for pointing that out.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

My apologies! I forgot I plugged it into my car to sync my contacts! Thanks for pointing that out.

No problem. How is the camera on it by the way? My first gen Moto G's was pretty terrible in anything other than direct light

Jordan Sheppard

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

Here are some shots I took yesterday at the golf course by my house. Just left the settings as is. Not too shabby.

Attachments

• 272.jpg
    272.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 271.jpg
    271.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 270.jpg
    270.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 182

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

I wish I knew how everyone is getting such amazing battery life. I was getting about 3 hrs of on screen time and 24 hours off the charger, on average. I didn't hit 4 hrs SOT once, and I don't game or use social media apps, so I can't explain it.

It's a nice device and everyone else seems to have great battery life, but mine is being shipped back to Moto today.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

How is your cellular reception? If your signal is not good, that will often use a lot of battery (in general) trying to pull in or hold the signal.

Jordan Sheppard

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

Sync settings? WiFi? Signal strength? Varying factors could play into this or you could have the luck I usually have and have gotten a dud.

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

How is your cellular reception? If your signal is not good, that will often use a lot of battery (in general) trying to pull in or hold the signal.

Signal strength is solid and consistent. I live in a populated metro suburb, and am consistently running at about ~75dbm

Sync settings? WiFi? Signal strength? Varying factors could play into this or you could have the luck I usually have and have gotten a dud.

Sync settings are nothing crazy. Two Gmails, one of which is about every four hours or so. The other one is as they arrive. No huge Play Services consumption in battery stats. I have no idea.

It's packed up right now, but I'm debating what to do. I have the label printed so I have a little bit of time before sending it back. My OnePlus One is about to get thrown in the garbage thanks to it's horrific GPS that NEVER works without multiple reboots, and this Zenfone 2 I'm currently rocking weighs as much as I do and isn't the stock type of device I prefer. I'm in the process of getting the One RMA'd, but after all the hoops I'm having to jump through with a near guarantee of "your device has some scratches on the rim, so you're gonna have to pay for repair", I'm just not in the mood for that process.

Jordan Sheppard

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like you and I have a lot in common, my friend. I have YET to find a phone that I can be happy with for longer than about 2 weeks. It seem's like each and every phone has at least 1 fatal flaw that keeps it from being a phone I can hang on to. I don't know that I would keep the moto g given the battery life that it is giving you. Had the unit I purchased done that, it'd be back in heartbeat. I feel for you, I really do. I used to think I was just a tech junkie, but more so, i think i have yet to find a unit that I can be content with. I'm hoping this is it for me for a while.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like you and I have a lot in common, my friend. I have YET to find a phone that I can be happy with for longer than about 2 weeks. It seem's like each and every phone has at least 1 fatal flaw that keeps it from being a phone I can hang on to. I don't know that I would keep the moto g given the battery life that it is giving you. Had the unit I purchased done that, it'd be back in heartbeat. I feel for you, I really do. I used to think I was just a tech junkie, but more so, i think i have yet to find a unit that I can be content with. I'm hoping this is it for me for a while.
The struggle is real.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I agree. Decent camera, solid-enough performance, great battery life, and a good-display-for-the-size-that-I-can-see-outside that isn't a giant phone would be great. Thanks.

I don't need 8gb of RAM and a RAID setup for my phone. I don't need it to be everything and cost nothing AND make me lunch. I just want it to work well for a reasonable price.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

I'd exchange it. Sounds like you got a dud. Every review I've seen has way better battery life than that.

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

I'd exchange it. Sounds like you got a dud. Every review I've seen has way better battery life than that.

It's getting dropped off at UPS for return today. I think I'm gonna stick with the Zenfone 2 (which doesn't have good battery life either) for now.

I probably did get a dud, but oh well. Maybe I'll pick up another one in the future. Enjoy yours, everyone!

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

My battery life is less than stellar after 4 days with this phone. Day 1 I got around 6 hours SoT but the last 3 days I'm averaging about 4 hours.

Great phone otherwise!

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Well the max SOT I've got is around 7 hours 45 mins.... This includes 30 mins of GT racing, whatsapp, syncing of 2 gmail accounts, Facebook, calls, and lots of reading through an app as next day I had my exam and I was studying through the E-book installed on my moto g3.... So considering all this, I think It's pretty good.

officially_juju

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I was worried about the battery when looking at it on paper. I am more than happy with my day to day use. This phone has great battery life :)

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking right now at my Moto G 3rd Gen 2015 (basic model 1 GB RAM bought on Amazon Spain daily flash sale for 119 bucks) and with 6 hours and 10 minutes of screen time it's been up and running now for 23 hours 52 minutes and still 32% battery left, I've had a lot of messaging going on WhatsApp + Facebook Messenger, 1 hour 30 minutes of phone call (3G), a lot of Facebook and camera (video / photos). WiFi on 90% of the time (had 4G data for an hour while I was in the car) so it's just really good battery life all things considered that I still have juice for some calls, more photos and messaging / browsing and stuff before charging it again, really worth the price specially on sale considering the 2 GB model is 210+ bucks here regular price, also it's very smooth and since I don't game or use other apps I find the 1 GB to be perfectly adequate and it's never refreshing my 3-4 most used apps when I need to pull them to the front (unless I push it to the limit and try Facebook + YouTube + Google Music + Maps + Chrome + Play Store.... but I've seen my cousin' 2 GB refreshing apps too in this scenario), so really great memory management, great phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12