Moto G vs. Alcatel Idol 3?

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had/used both phones? Reviews and YouTube seems mixed on whether the Idol is laggier than the Moto G3, so I'm looking for someone that has experience with both.

I'm coming from the 9 months of the Moto G1 LTE as my DD after two years on an S3. I need better battery life and multitasking than what my current G is getting me. Not to mention that a 4.5" screen is just miserably small for typing anything other than a short text.

Price isn't an issue, as the Moto is ~$233 after taxes, and the Idol 3 is tax-free at $249, so it's essentially the same. The Idol is bigger but lighter so I consider the size a relative wash.

Can anyone help?

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto G3 (2GB) or Alcatel Idol 3?

Yeah I actually posted near the end of that thread, but it was more specifically about the comp between the 4.7" Idol and the G3, I'm talking about the 5.5" version. The 4.7" is a completely inferior phone to the 5.5" version IMO.

I would've just posted in that thread, but I was afraid my question would get overlooked due to the thread title.

guapinoy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

I've had both Idols and the Moto G...the 4.7 is not by any means inferior to the 5.5. The 5.5 is bigger, longer battery, and higher resolution screen. The 4.7 has a smaller footprint and feels snappier than the 5.5 almost as snappy as the G. The G's screen is the weakest among the three. To rank the 3,

Screen

5.5, 4.7, G

Speed

G, 4.7, 5.5

Sound

Idols, G

Battery

G, 5.5, 4.7

Camera

Well lit: draw
Lowlight: Idols, G

Features

Idols, G

Durability

G, Idols

Software

G, Idols

Value

4.7, 5.5, G

Can't go wrong with any of the three. Some trade offs between them. The only thing that bothers me about the G is lack of NFC and Gyroscope.

Hope this helps. I recommend that you buy all three and try them out and keep the one you like the best. I love these value phones. I had a G4, S6, and S6 Active. These phones are nice, but overpriced. I also felt the flagships had more lag than these phones. For me, the 4.7 is the best phone that I listed in this post. A fantastic phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Vee_G

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

So very helpful. I love perusing these forums late at night. I have been looking for a new phone and I have had a bit of difficulty deciding whether I should get the 4.7 or the Moto G.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

So very helpful. I love perusing these forums late at night. I have been looking for a new phone and I have had a bit of difficulty deciding whether I should get the 4.7 or the Moto G.

Hey you might also want to look at Oppo R5s.
OppoR5s is now available to order in the United States directly from the Chinese manufacturer’s online store. To mark the mid-ranger’s launch Oppo has also given it an attractive $220 price tag until Thursday, August 27.With a body that’s only 4.85mm thick, Oppo R5s is one of the sleekest smartphones available today. Its specs include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of built-in memory, and 5.2” 1080p AMOLED display.At $220, the R5s appears to be a no-brainer to pick over Moto G (3rd gen).

guapinoy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

The only problem with the R5s is the poor battery life and its Color OS is still based on KitKat.

Vee_G

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

The only thing with that is I am in Canada, our dollar is pretty weak right now and I'm really looking for a handset that is 5" and below. Decent battery life is important to me. I prefer not to have a phone that I constantly need to charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon