I'm looking at the new Moto G as a replacement for my 2013 Moto X.

Wondering if anyone has put a Qi wireless receiver into one, and if so, whether the back plate still goes on without trouble and seals well.

Really this is just curiosity, not a deal breaker, since I have neither waterproofness nor wireless charging with my X.
    09-10-2015 01:50 PM
    There does not appear to be any contacts under the cover to attach a qi receiver to. Not set up for wireless charging.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-18-2015 04:18 PM
    There does not appear to be any contacts under the cover to attach a qi receiver to. Not set up for wireless charging.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Pretty sure OP is looking at one of those QI charging kits that is "generic" and goes under the cover and then has a little tail that comes out the bottom and connects to the microUSB port... like this: Amazon.com: BLUBOON(TM) Universal Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Wireless Charger Receiver Film for Micro-usb of All Android Mobile (Narrow-interface Down): Cell Phones & Accessories

To the OP, it seems the back cover just has a couple seals around the SIM/SD card and somewhere else (sorry, don't feel like pulling it out of the case and looking), if you can the cover back on solid enough to make those seals fit, then you should be good, otherwise you risk water infiltration from around the openings inside the cover.
    09-19-2015 09:15 AM