Turbo Charging

Cameron Hood

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I am waiting on my Moto G3 to arrive and was wondering whether or not using the Motorola Turbo Charger would actually turbo charge the phone or not. Anything is appreciated, thanks!

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't have quick/turbo charging, but I don't see why the charger wouldn't work with it. It will just negotiate a lower charging rate. As a G3 owner, this is one thing I miss. However, battery life is just absolutely superb

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The 2015 Moto G doesn't support Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0, so the Turbo Charger will only charge it up at a regular rate. (It won't "overcharge" or damage the phone, though.)

EDIT: Whoops! Posted at exactly the same time as 34.50!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting on my Moto G3 to arrive and was wondering whether or not using the Motorola Turbo Charger would actually turbo charge the phone or not. Anything is appreciated, thanks!

No, Moto G 2015 doesn't support quick charging. No phone at this price range would.

sdsteven

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
This phone has a great battery. It lasts all day. No turbo on this model though. I find that at the end of the day with airplane mode on it take a bit over an hour to charge it