Need help with contact display

gizbee

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Received our two new phones... don't have the sim cards for them until tomorrow, so I have been trying to set up email and other items.

One of our phones has a google account and then an exchange account (my husbands work account). When I go into Contacts, I can tap the 3 dots and pick which contacts to display. I only want the google contacts to display. However, when I open the dialer, all of the contacts are displayed from both accounts and I don't see anyway to change it.

Is there a way to only display one account in the dialer? Would it have anything to do with me not having a sim in it yet? Thanks for any help.

ohsnapitssuz

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Is your husbands work account a Google Account setup through Exchange? I do not understand why the phone would be identifying the Exchange Account contacts as Google Contacts.

I have mine set to display Google Contacts, SIM Contacts, and Device Contacts only via a Customized List. You may try selecting the Customized List option and disabling everything but the one Google Account, Save, Reboot and check your Contacts List again.

Also make sure you have the latest software and baseband version for your phone. I was having this problem and a recent update fixed it!

gizbee

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
No, my husband's exchange account is not Google. It is outlook. I've tried the customized list too, but no luck. I have disabled all and nothing shows in contacts, but when I open dialer, they are all there.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No, my husband's exchange account is not Google. It is outlook. I've tried the customized list too, but no luck. I have disabled all and nothing shows in contacts, but when I open dialer, they are all there.
In the stock dialer you do not have a choice of which contacts or sources to display, it will show every contact with a phone number entry regardless of the source account.

gizbee

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
In the stock dialer you do not have a choice of which contacts or sources to display, it will show every contact with a phone number entry regardless of the source account.

Ugh. So, he would have to go thru contacts to dial? Just thinking that would be easier for him to navigate through. Or, is there a dialer app you'd recommend or another solution? Thanks.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. So, he would have to go thru contacts to dial? Just thinking that would be easier for him to navigate through. Or, is there a dialer app you'd recommend or another solution? Thanks.
Search or set favorites... Remember if you want to call "Clark" just start dialing 35 and it will narrow the list automatically besides using normal search functions. There are plenty of other apps that can replace the dialer and/or contacts app.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22