How to interpret Antutu Tester battery test score?

A

AC Question

I have a Moto G 3rd generation (2015), recently bought. I was told it has a phenomenal battery life, but I'm not sure whether it's actually running at that capacity or not--seems like it drains from 100% to 90% in half an hour or so, though I can't be sure. I ran a battery test from 100% using Antutu Tester, and it gave my phone a score of 6618. It's below the Galaxy Note 3 and above the Nexus 4. I can't find any way to interpret the score online, so could anyone tell me whether the phone's battery is actually functioning properly? Is this the score I'm supposed to get? Thanks in advance.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
That's how AnTuTu does it....comparisons to other phones.
What do your battery stats indicate at the end of a day's use? Also, if you can touch the battery graph to open it, what does it tell you about your signal and awake times? Post screenshots of both those if you like, and we'll attempt a diagnosis. You'll have to register as a member, but you'd be welcome to join. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

archenia

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi, it's me again. Thanks for replying! I unfortunately don't have an accurate battery graph yet; my phone's only at 89% because I was charging it before I originally posted here. Still, I've posted a screenshot here if it helps in any way. But what I'm especially looking for is a way to compare the score I got with the score other people got. I haven't found any review of this phone online that gives the AnTuTu Tester's battery score, which means I have no way of comparing and seeing whether the result I received is normal. Is there anyway to find other results to compare with? (Also, on a quick note, I uninstalled apps such as Facebook and Twitter after it seemed like the battery was draining pretty quickly. The apps I usually use are things such as this trivia game called QuizUp, which I sometimes play on data when outside, or listening to music on this app called Shuttle. Sometimes I'll use the camera, navigation or data, but not as often.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-06-18-36-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-06-18-36-52.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 13

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

I suggested the screenshots because I was wondering whether there might be clues about possibly abnormal battery usage.
Now that you've joined us, I recommend posting in the Moto G 2015 forum, where there are bound to be other members who have used the AnTuTu battery benchmark, or who will do so if you start a thread on the subject. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

archenia

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
AnTuTu Battery test result for Moto G?

Hi, I'm new to Android Central. I recently got a Moto G 2015, loving the experience so far. But it seemed like the battery was draining a bit fast, though I wasn't running any graphics-intensive games or anything. (I have a trivia game called QuizUp that uses data when I'm outside, but that's about it.) The battery seems to drop pretty quickly from 100% to, say, 80%-75% in less than a half-day. I ran a test using AnTuTu Tester for the battery, and it gave me a score of 6618, below the SM-N900 (Galaxy Note 3, I believe) and above the Nexus 4 in ranking. Can anyone tell me if this is the proper result, or is the battery defective? (If you've done this test on the Moto G, feel free to me know what your scores were below.) I haven't been able to find any information online on the AnTuTu battery test results for this phone. Thanks!

I've posted a screenshot of the battery test result.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-06-15-06-15.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-06-15-06-15.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 12

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: AnTuTu Battery test result for Moto G?

Merged your two threads.

If your phone is only dropping by 20-25% after about half a day, that's pretty impressive. To get a better idea of what's using your battery, do the following:

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

archenia

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site

So I charged the phone to 100% last night at around 10 PM (PST) and then unplugged it. Overnight it drained down to 96%, so not too bad on the standby time. I used it until 7 PM, at which it dropped to 38%. I've posted some pictures. The first picture is what the phone's battery graph looked like at the start of day, and the next two show the results for the entire day, followed by the other graphs you asked for. I mainly used the QuizUp and Shuttle apps, and since I was out, I actually used QuizUp on data. I think that might have possibly been a battery drain later on, so maybe QuizUp is a culprit for battery drain. I added a picture of QuizUp's battery usage, in case it's useful.

But there was a second test I ran yesterday. I left the battery at 88% the previous night and left it standby overnight on battery saver. In the morning, it had dropped down to around 84% or so, I think. I used the phone, but uninstalled QuizUp to see if it made any change. The battery still drained down to 53%, even with pretty minimal usage. I've posted screenshots for the graph from that test as well. (Sorry if this is all too elaborate; let me know if there's any confusion.) Thanks once again!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-05-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-05-32.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-05-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-05-20.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-04-59.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-04-59.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-05-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-05-07.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-04-51.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-04-51.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2015-10-08-08-07-09.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-08-08-07-09.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-21-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-08-19-21-08.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-18-29-05.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-18-29-05.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-18-29-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-18-29-12.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-18-29-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-18-29-29.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 9

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

So I charged the phone to 100% last night at around 10 PM (PST) and then unplugged it. Overnight it drained down to 96%, so not too bad on the standby time. I used it until 7 PM, at which it dropped to 38%. I've posted some pictures. The first picture is what the phone's battery graph looked like at the start of day, and the next two show the results for the entire day, followed by the other graphs you asked for. I mainly used the QuizUp and Shuttle apps, and since I was out, I actually used QuizUp on data. I think that might have possibly been a battery drain later on, so maybe QuizUp is a culprit for battery drain. I added a picture of QuizUp's battery usage, in case it's useful.

But there was a second test I ran yesterday. I left the battery at 88% the previous night and left it standby overnight on battery saver. In the morning, it had dropped down to around 84% or so, I think. I used the phone, but uninstalled QuizUp to see if it made any change. The battery still drained down to 53%, even with pretty minimal usage. I've posted screenshots for the graph from that test as well. (Sorry if this is all too elaborate; let me know if there's any confusion.) Thanks once again!
Your battery usage looks completely normal to me, for your usage everything looks fine.

Why do you think there is a problem?

archenia

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site

Actually it's not that I thought there was a problem, but on the other hand I didn't really have a way of knowing whether the battery was working properly. I ran the AnTuTu test hoping to have a way of knowing for sure, but since I couldn't find any other results to compare it with I thought posting here might clarify things for me. I was actually pretty confident that the battery was functioning properly; just needed some confirmation from an expert. I actually have another question, though: I've always used some sort of app to regulate the RAM usage of the device, or to filter through any junk files that I don't need, such as app caches. Mainly I've used Clean Master and CM Security, but do these affect the phone's battery or performance in any way? And if they do, are there any other apps you can recommend?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I can see a couple of issues that may be contributing to increased battery usage:

1. On the fullscreen battery graph, where the battery is down to 38%, there seems to be a fair amount of red in the Cellular Network Signal bar that corresponds with the steepest downward slope of the battery. This would suggest that you were in an area of poor signal, and that can increase battery usage as the phone strains to boost the signal. Your Cell Standby stats support this, because there was 11% of time without signal. See what happens if you use the phone the entire time where there's good signal.

2. QuizUp seems to use a fair amount of data. If the app is constantly checking the web for updates while the phone is idle, that can contribute to battery use. If the game doesn't have its own settings where you can decide how often to check the web, go to Settings>Data Usage, select QuizUp, and turn on Restrict Background Data.

Regarding RAM "boosters"--don't bother. The way they work is typically counterproductive to the way Android is designed, because Android wants to keep RAM relatively full. If you have an app that is constantly closing apps to "boost" RAM, the system will just open another app to fill the empty RAM. If this happens frequently, it can use up battery. In addition, Cheetah Mobile has not had the best reputation when it comes to things like adware and some other relatively slippery behavior, so I would recommend avoiding their apps.