Moto g as daily driver

bigd6116

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have a nexus 6 and I wanted to get a 5 inch phone to switch off with as a daily driver. I want a phone with decent specs. Would you recommend the moto g?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I would recommend it. I've used flagship phones for the past 5 years, from the S6 to the iPhone 6. The Moto G is an excellent value proposition. It offers solid everyday performance, MicroSD expansion, and amazing battery life. It isn't the best phone as it is lacking in camera, NFC, and the display could be better quality. But for the price, I can overlook those things.

For my needs, the performance is actually more than enough. I'm glad mid range phones are actually very feasible to use.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

bigd6116

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you... I do like the how it's a nice price phone with decent specs. Plus I like Motorola phones. I'm thinking about putting a wireless receiver in the phone for the wireless charging.

Ted Turner1

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you... I do like the how it's a nice price phone with decent specs. Plus I like Motorola phones. I'm thinking about putting a wireless receiver in the phone for the wireless charging.

I use to wireless charge my Nexus 5 1-2 times a day. My new Moto G3 goes 1-1.5 days between charge. So charging once a night is easy enough I just use a cord. I don't miss wireless charging.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If you are a heavy user, I would recommend the 2GB/16GB model. If not, then the 1GB/8GB will do just fine. It's a great phone for ~$200.

bafare

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Moto G3 is my daily driver. I'm using it over the Moto X 2nd gen. Better camera and battery. I don't use Moto voice or stuff like that so I don't miss any of that. The phone is fast! It won't disappoint you. The only thing missing is led notification light. Moto display is not good enough in the Moto g3 in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App on Moto X 2014/Moto G3/Moto G1/Lenovo Tab S8/ Lenovo Yoga 11 on $35 Cricket wireless plan.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Get the Moto G 2015 2gb ram with 16gb storage. It is a very good and underrated phone because of the specs. I use it as a daily driver and quite happy. Especially due to battery life. I no longer carry a charge cord wherever I go. And it damn snappy.

Gabriel619

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My daily driver is an LG G4, and I have a Moto G 2015 2/16 as a back-up phone. The Moto G can hold its own as a daily driver.

Last edited:

bafare

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Awesome, thanks guys for all the input. I'm looking into one soon.

Don't buy the 8 gb 1 gb of ram. Get te 16/2 because that's the phone that works perfect. The extra 1 gb of ram is what makes the phone to work very fast.

Posted via the Android Central App on Moto X 2014/Moto G3/Moto G1/Lenovo Tab S8/ Lenovo Yoga 11 on $35 Cricket wireless plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz