Hey all,

I've had a 16/2 Moto G3 for a couple of weeks now, and in the last couple of days my incoming text messages have been delayed. (Everything worked perfectly before that.) Outgoing messages have been fine. I use Textra as my messaging app.

Solavei support says my phone is not compatible with their network - I quote: "there are some phones that are not compatible and still work, but some start failing a year, month or days after using the Solavei network. The reason is that the non compatible phone use a different frequency."

Is the problem with my phone, the network, or something else entirely?
    11-18-2015 05:49 PM
    That doesn't make sense, its a cop out answer... I could see if MMS messages didn't work, there could be a setting wrong in the APN... But SMS is a basic function of the GSM voice connection.

Incompatible phoned would either work or not work, not work for a while and fail over time, that makes no sense at all... They are trying to blow you off.
    11-18-2015 06:44 PM
    I thought that was a cop out, too. The thing is, I don't get why everything worked fine till 2 days ago. I'm worried something is wrong with the phone. If not, looks like I'm going to have to switch providers - does anyone have recommendations?
    11-18-2015 06:53 PM
    I doubt it's the phone... I would give it some time, I would bet it will get back to normal. If not, switch to the embedded Messaging app and as a last resort try a factory default.

I use AT&T post-paid, it works great but it's significantly more expensive than Solavei... I used to use Cricket and had no issues, my main piece of advice would be to avoid Net10.
    11-18-2015 10:59 PM