How happy are you with your Moto G³?

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
A very good experience. At $200 you get a very capable phone with very real world battery life. I can go early morning to late night on one charge.

The other phones in the same price range generalky look great too. But after reading experienced user reviews they all seem to miss the mark here and there compared to the G3.

In hindsight, I might have considered Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 or One Plus X.

Posted via the Android Central App

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
A very good experience. At $200 you get a very capable phone with very real world battery life. I can go early morning to late night on one charge.

The other phones in the same price range generalky look great too. But after reading experienced user reviews they all seem to miss the mark here and there compared to the G3.

In hindsight, I might have considered Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 or One Plus X.

same here, price was below 149 bucks on a flash Amazon sale so it was a no-brainer, adequate performance, above-average camera, great grip, stock Android and AMAZING battery life (this was my priority), I considered One Plus X but after having one for a week it was a hell of lag, overheating and battery drain, seems like it has the buggy Snapdragon chipset and for 2x the price of what Moto G costed me it's not really worth it.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I debated answering, since I only got mine on Tuesday, but I am absolutely delighted. (2 GB/16 GB)

MY previous phone was a Nexus 4, prior to that was an iPhone 4, which was my first smartphone.

It is wonderful for folks who want a no-BS phone at a very attractive price.

Ripley

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Brilliant had it for a month now had a few issues.. But that was my fault wonderful phone so glad I came back to Android!

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Good to know about the One X. Thanks for mentioning. Battery for me is also a priority....first thing I look for.

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Good to know about the One X. Thanks for mentioning. Battery for me is also a priority....first thing I look for.

look at the battery I get on my modest 1 GB RAM Moto G 2015 (it was below 140 bucks, 119 €, I could not pass on it and it's definitely the best 120 € ever spent on a phone, the money I saved would be put towards a Moto G 2016 in case they keep producing a phone as good and balanced as this one)

this phone never dies on me, it will go over 3 days easily (I don't game much to be honest but the rest of apps I use them moderately), also on 5.1.1 without Doze, I don't need Marshmallow, I prefer having total control via computer over the content of my phone / SD card.

213860d1453305082-marshmallow-update-wifi-drain-fix-here-12512691_10205060745387577_583273165483055750_n.jpg

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Apologies..... Water resistant. ������

They don't dare say "waterproof" because some jerk will find a way to ruin one, and demand a replacement, saying "You advertised it as waterproof, and obviously mine wasn't, so you owe me a new phone."

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
They don't dare say "waterproof" because some jerk will find a way to ruin one, and demand a replacement, saying "You advertised it as waterproof, and obviously mine wasn't, so you owe me a new phone."

Actually the certifiers of IPXX (ie IP68 or whatever) ban the use of "waterproof" in order for certification.

d7v7d

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Generally positive. Have been involved in computer engineering in Silicon Valley for decades. This is my first ever smartphone. Smartphones by nature because of their tiny size are awkward compared to a pc and can be annoying if one is not familiar with doing things because operations may require several touches and there is usually not enough display space to guide one through beyond icons that can be meaningless to those unfamiliar.

One major negative is connecting the moto g through the usb port to a pc then not being able to view the files on the moto g from the pc until after jumping through a bunch of operations that take about 7 minutes. Every time the moto g is turned back on. It is a bug that ought be quickly fixed. This person sometimes needs to move files between the smartphone and a pc.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-g-2015/630247-pc-can-t-access-moto-g-files.html

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
8/1 GB model on 5.1.1 = 8.75 /10
8/1 GB model on 6.0 = 6.5 / 10

16/2 GB model on 5.1.1 = 9.75 / 10
16/2 GB model on 6.0 = 7 / 10

that's how I rate my experience so far with different models and Android builds, definitely 16/2 on 5.1.1 is the way to go to avoid head-aching Marshmallow problems (hope they're solved in 6.x.x).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams