05-30-2017 02:28 AM
145 1234 ...
tools
    It's so disheartening. My moto x pure already received marshmallow even though it was released after moto g 3rd gen.
    Moto X = Premier, top tier device $$$
    Moto G = everyday mid-ranger

Of course the X gets it first, plus it probably had less issues... The Moto G is on its 5th soak toast version, it's still not ready.

What do you want Motorola to do, release a rushed, buggy rom, or wait for it to be bug-free?

Either way, we will have it months before comparable devices.
    12-11-2015 02:19 PM
    Moto X = Premier, top tier device $$$
    Moto G = everyday mid-ranger

Of course the X gets it first, plus it probably had less issues... The Moto G is on its 5th soak toast version, it's still not ready.

What do you want Motorola to do, release a rushed, buggy rom, or wait for it to be bug-free?

Either way, we will have it months before comparable devices.
    I love my moto g even though it's still lollipop. You should get one too!
    sacrdandprofne likes this.
    12-11-2015 02:34 PM
    Lol... I have one! 16/2 version. Love it!
    krazyatom likes this.
    12-11-2015 02:43 PM
    Is true; so far I have no complaints!
    Even despite having the 8/1 version.
    krazyatom likes this.
    12-11-2015 02:45 PM
    I got update of marshmallow 6.0 for moto g3. I started updating 1% has downloaded after that I cancelled download because I can do after sometime but after a while checked in system updates it is showing your device's software is up to date

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-19-2015 03:29 PM
    It could take a month or two but its definitely coming! meanwhile you can try Android 6.0 ROMs if you just cant wait :P
    12-20-2015 09:45 PM
    2014 got the 6.0 update before the 2015 moto g ? WOW
    12-21-2015 03:03 PM
    2014 got the 6.0 update before the 2015 moto g ? WOW
    Not sure where your seeing that, although we know betas and soak test are out there, the Moto G 2014 does not have Marshmallow yet... BTW, the official word is here: https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster

But I can tell you the 2015 Moto G has been soak test builds of Marshmallow for over a month now.
    12-22-2015 06:25 AM
    I am not sure why your worried about it... you will get, Motorola has said the Moto G 2nd and 3rd gen will get it. Better than other lot of phones out there, more people will never see Marshmallow on their current device than people who will. Have patience, they will release it when it is ready, there is a reason there has been 3 soak tests so far, do you want them to release a broken ROM? I thought not... when it is tested and ready, they will release it.
    most sensible post on this thread.

12-22-2015 12:11 PM
    Lollipop works perfectly fine on the Moto G³ so they can take their sweet time making it perfect. As for my fiance's Moto G², hers is a little bugged out, it needs the update before the 3rd gen does IMO...

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto G³
    12-22-2015 02:06 PM
    It is expected that we'll get the update on a week or two. No official confirmation though
    12-23-2015 02:21 AM
    In my opinion they can take as much time as they need. I would rather update later to stable and smooth version than sooner for buggy and unfinished version. I am just happy that Motorola officially confirmed 6.0 for MotoG 3 and 2.

12-23-2015 05:59 AM
    I am on a recent Marshmallow soak test... to be honest I barely notice a difference, a few animation and font changes here and there, SD card changes to use it as a replacement for internal storage (but you need a really fast card), but for some reason battery life seems slightly worse.
    12-23-2015 08:09 AM
    I just got the update this morning myself. i believe it was around 650 Mb or so, but honestly, I was half asleep. I have the unlocked version straight from Motorola running on AT&T. It took about 5 min to download and about 15-20 minutes to set up. I haven't noticed any big changes except a slight change in the clock fonts and it did ask the options for how to use the SD card. I'll try to post more if I notice any else. I hope it helps.
    12-23-2015 11:13 AM
    Are you in the US? I've got an unlocked Moto G³ and haven't seen an update. Also using at&t

12-23-2015 02:00 PM
    I just got the update this morning myself. i believe it was around 650 Mb or so, but honestly, I was half asleep. I have the unlocked version straight from Motorola running on AT&T. It took about 5 min to download and about 15-20 minutes to set up. I haven't noticed any big changes except a slight change in the clock fonts and it did ask the options for how to use the SD card. I'll try to post more if I notice any else. I hope it helps.
    The fonts are new, so is the dialer layout, and the setup menu has changed. Permissions are very different, go to Settings-Apps and press the configuration button (the gear in the upper right hand corner). SD card changed, if left as portable storage there are issues accessing it via USB for most users. If you use FB Messenger it will crash until you enable the "Draw over other apps" permission. Doze mode, Do Not Disturb, and volume adjustments are changed/added. The update is ~460MB though, if you got 650MB that is really weird.

Are you in the US? I've got an unlocked Moto G³ and haven't seen an update. Also using at&t

Carrier is not relevant unless you have a carrier branded device (and you likely wouldn't on AT&T), updates come directly from Motorola. No official announcement has been made, although some people that are not beta/soak testers seem to be starting to getting the update today.

Official information is announced here: https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster
    12-23-2015 03:41 PM
    how is 6.0 running and performing in the 1 GB model ? does it demand more RAM leaving less free memory ? I'm worried 6.0 isn't as smooth as 5.1.1 running in the 1 GB model, any experience with this ? I'm a "light" user, just basic apps, WhatsApp, Facebook, Chrome, Google Now, Gmail and some Youtube and that's all, rarely more than 2 of these apps open at the same time.
    12-24-2015 08:54 AM
    I bought mine at best buy. So it's unlocked as far as I know. Not from a carrier either. Just wondering how long the update takes to hit...

12-24-2015 03:16 PM
    Sometimes you get it faster if you have no sim in it. I swapped my sim for my moto x 2015 the day after the update came out and after powering on the phone update was immediately available. I refreshed the check update a few times and nothing.

12-24-2015 07:25 PM
    Nothing yet in Fresno, California. Hopefully I get a nice surprise come Christmas morning!

12-24-2015 11:41 PM
    Motorola updates are in batches based on IMEI number... They allow certain pools of numbers to get the update, then after a while they add more, and continue until all IMEI numbers are allowed in the OTA servers.

There is nothing you can do to speed the process, and your carrier or connectivity is not relevant on unlocked, retail versions.
    12-25-2015 12:54 PM
    In the North East USA. My unlocked Moto G 2015 was purchased from Moto and running on Tmobile sim. No update to date yet.

12-27-2015 12:46 PM
    In the North East USA. My unlocked Moto G 2015 was purchased from Moto and running on Tmobile sim. No update to date yet.

There is no official word that the update is rolling out yet, there have been some articles claiming that some people have gotten it, but nothing from Motorola. There was a soak test that started last week so I doubt it would start rolling out yet. Even if it was, your carrier is irrelevant unless you have a branded model, the updates come directly from Motorola for all unlocked retail phones
    delrey1900 likes this.
    12-27-2015 09:43 PM
    When is android m coming to g3... And with what all moto customisations and moto apps

The factory firmwares are released, you can get them from xda. The ota will be coming in soon too. If you can't wait you can still download the firmware and flash manually.
    12-28-2015 10:51 AM
    Actually, the only official factory firmware available for the Moto G is for Marshmallow is for the XT1557 (Turbo Edition - Asia Retail)

The articles stating that an "official" release of Android 6.0 for the Moto G is happening (in the US anyways) are wrong... and some other regions started seeing the update but that seems to have stopped as of 12/24~12/25.

There is still a major issue with USB connectivity to the SD card when it is configured as Portable Storage (the default, Lollipop behavior). Motorola has most likely pulled the update until this can be corrected.
    12-28-2015 12:22 PM
145 1234 ...