05-30-2017 03:28 AM
145 ... 23456
tools
    XT1540 ... the 'BestBuy' version.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I've got the same thing, best buy, 8GB/1GB model. Hopefully I'll be soon after. Lol

01-02-2016 07:56 PM
    "Best Buy" version should be the same as all other US GSM Moto Gs.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    acejavelin likes this.
    01-02-2016 08:12 PM
    Aw. I have the XT1541. This wait isn't as bad as for my Galaxy S3 to get to KitKat. Which it never officially did.

01-03-2016 06:58 AM
    Understanding how cellular and VoIP networks function, I find it interesting that Movistar is getting HD voice over 3G without special device support... what codec does it use, how is it implemented, and how do you know you were getting HD voice on these devices in a 3G environment? (I googled, didn't really find a technical answer)
    Not only Movistar but also Vodafone in Spain long support HD calls over 3G network. Let's see, human voice frequency ranges from 80 - 14.000 Hz, but most 3G networks only operate in 300 - 3400 Hz range. Movistar and Vodafone upgraded their 3G networks to operate in the range of 50 - 7000 Hz, achieving a much better, cristal clear, accurate voice quality. Apart from upgrading the network the compression codecs were also upgraded to a tweaked AMR-WB codec and, on top of that, the number of samples processed before the sound is transmitted has been multiplied. You only need a device with 3G support (duh...) and capable to properly "render" sounds in the 50-7000 Hz range.

Here you have an example of a voice call using normal 3G then 3G HD, "listen" for yourself (HD voice over 3G is 1:23 onwards)

acejavelin likes this.
    01-03-2016 07:25 AM
    Update received last night. Problem with voice over LTE resolved. Thank you marshmallow update!
    On what network are you? Tmobile?
    01-06-2016 11:39 AM
    Pretty sure this works fine for most people... Install LTE Discovery from play store and tell me what band you are currently connected, and what the signal strength is on LTE and 3G please.

I haven't seen this problem since early roms on the Nexus 4

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I returned the MOto G already just to be safe (14 day return window). If I can confirm from sources that the unlocked Moto G with Marshmallow update running on T-Mobile can have Voice over LTE, I'll rebuy it. Until then, I had to do the safe thing and return it.
    01-06-2016 11:41 AM
    Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I returned the MOto G already just to be safe (14 day return window). If I can confirm from sources that the unlocked Moto G with Marshmallow update running on T-Mobile can have Voice over LTE, I'll rebuy it. Until then, I had to do the safe thing and return it.
    It doesn't have VoLTE, and won't (Tmo is being a b*tch about unlocked phones and what manufacturers have to do to get certified to use their VoLTE service) but indications are the 3G-LTE transitions are greatly improved... People who reported similar issues to yours have said the problem is gone after Mm update.

Edit: out of curiosity, what did you switch to?
    01-06-2016 11:45 AM
    It doesn't have VoLTE, and won't (Tmo is being a b*tch about unlocked phones and what manufacturers have to do to get certified to use their VoLTE service) but indications are the 3G-LTE transitions are greatly improved... People who reported similar issues to yours have said the problem is gone after Mm update.

Edit: out of curiosity, what did you switch to?
    I see what you mean. It seems unfortunate it'll never truly have Voice over LTE, but I can accept if it automatically switches to 3G for making and, more importantly, receiving calls. If this is true, I may rebuy the Moto G, but would like a few more real-world user feedback confirmations before I rebuy.

I'm undecided on what I'd replace it with if it turns out it doesn't work. I'm waiting for more confirmations about the unlocked Moto G on Tmobile and Marshmallow before I decide!
    01-06-2016 12:00 PM
    T-Mo are the uncarrier hey? An uncarrier would always be a complete nightmare about unlocked phones... -_-

01-06-2016 12:28 PM
    01-06-2016 12:53 PM
    I see what you mean. It seems unfortunate it'll never truly have Voice over LTE, but I can accept if it automatically switches to 3G for making and, more importantly, receiving calls. If this is true, I may rebuy the Moto G, but would like a few more real-world user feedback confirmations before I rebuy.

I'm undecided on what I'd replace it with if it turns out it doesn't work. I'm waiting for more confirmations about the unlocked Moto G on Tmobile and Marshmallow before I decide!
    Or wait the Huawei Honor 5x to be released in the US at the end of the month for $199... It is essentially a Moto G Turbo with a 5.5" screen FHD, and Huawei has gotten much at software updates in the last year. My son has an Ascend Mate 2, he loves it after changing the launcher to Nova.
    onthecouchagain likes this.
    01-06-2016 01:52 PM
    Moto G 2015 Marshmallow update ota now rolling out has a size of 445.5mb

Attached Thumbnails Android 6.0 Marshmallow-39436.jpg  
    01-08-2016 11:20 AM
    Received Marshmallow

Attached Thumbnails Android 6.0 Marshmallow-39780.jpg  
    01-08-2016 01:54 PM
    Received Marshmallow

Hardware SKU? XT1550, 1540, 1541, 1542, 1543, or 1544?
    It seems as if the 1540, 1550 are being focused on when the 1541 appears to have almost been forgotten (seeing has there has been no news)
    01-08-2016 05:18 PM
    My Moto G (XT1540) is downloading the Marshmallow update right now.

01-08-2016 05:55 PM
    Last night I updated my Moto G 2015 to marshmallow in India. Now it's rolling out. Do check software update those who are in India and they will get notification for the same.

Attached Thumbnails Android 6.0 Marshmallow-screenshot_20160109-041726.jpg  
    01-09-2016 12:02 AM
    Maybe XT1541 1 GB RAM not enough for Android 6.0.X ?
    01-11-2016 01:22 AM
    Well the 2gb RAM XT1541 I have hasn't got it either

Posted from my Moto G (2015) on the Android Central app.
    01-11-2016 02:27 AM
    It is, trust me!
    01-11-2016 07:12 AM
    After the update the setting to turn on LTE more is disabled and I can't turn it on again like before. People on the other line tells me that my line is choppy and they are having a hard time understanding me. Is there any way to enable this?
    01-13-2016 03:08 PM
    After the update the setting to turn on LTE more is disabled and I can't turn it on again like before. People on the other line tells me that my line is choppy and they are having a hard time understanding me. Is there any way to enable this?
    This is two different issues... LTE is not used for voice, 3G is, always has been.

Honestly, I would reboot, if that doesn't seem to make any difference, remove and reinsert your SIM, and as a last resort factory default.
    01-13-2016 08:26 PM
    This is two different issues... LTE is not used for voice, 3G is, always has been.

Honestly, I would reboot, if that doesn't seem to make any difference, remove and reinsert your SIM, and as a last resort factory default.
    I already did those and it did not work. Could it be because I did not wait for the T-Mobile update? What I did is took out the sim method to get the update last month?

Quetion is? Is T-Mobile going to release the update for the unlocked X pure?
    01-13-2016 09:26 PM
    I already did those and it did not work. Could it be because I did not wait for the T-Mobile update? What I did is took out the sim method to get the update last month?

Quetion is? Is T-Mobile going to release the update for the unlocked X pure?
    So, this issue is for a Moto X? Not an G? If it's an X, I would post your issue on the Moto X section as you will get better answers pertaining to the X. Second, T-Mobile won't release the software for the G nor the X Pure as they are unlocked phones and support/updates are provided by Moto themselves.
    01-13-2016 09:51 PM
    So, this issue is for a Moto X? Not an G? If it's an X, I would post your issue on the Moto X section as you will get better answers pertaining to the X. Second, T-Mobile won't release the software for the G nor the X Pure as they are unlocked phones and support/updates are provided by Moto themselves.
    Oh but the thread is about the marshmallow upgrad right?
    01-13-2016 09:57 PM
    Oh but the thread is about the marshmallow upgrad right?
    Marshmallow for the Moto G 2015, yes... For the Moto X, no.
    01-13-2016 11:00 PM
145 ... 23456