05-30-2017 02:28 AM
145 ... 456
tools
    Well, I stand corrected: I'm getting battery drain from the weirdest place. Ghost Wi-Fi.

I haven't had WiFi on all day, and it's somehow draining my battery?!

Found this out:

It was default at Always. Turned it off. Hopefully that helps.
    01-18-2016 11:10 AM
    can you comment a bit on the M update and features that you would consider must-have and essential compared to what we have in Android 5.1.1 ? how's your experience so far ? I just finished installing 5.1.1 back (thanks to Motorola support it was relatively easy) and I would need like two more updates (fixing all the glaring stuff I mentioned) before risking upgrading once more.
    I can't really comment on that, as the OS doesn't seem that different to me as a "regular" user.
    01-18-2016 11:16 AM
    this brings memories of the phone I had as my daily driver last year, a BQ Aquaris E5 4G with stock Android (4.4.4) and specs so similar to those of the Moto G 2015, the 5.0.2 update was painful, and the 5.1.1 update was simply terrible and unbearable, that's when I decided to switch to the Moto G mostly for the 5.1.1 "native" support and improved camera (since I couldn't find a cheap enough Nexus, even in second-hand market) but I was not expecting the same experience regarding upgrades, terrible firmware that needs a lot more testing and work (to summarize, they need money Lenovo is not going to afford). Next November-December I will have to think twice again.
    01-18-2016 12:10 PM
    this brings memories of the phone I had as my daily driver last year, a BQ Aquaris E5 4G with stock Android (4.4.4) and specs so similar to those of the Moto G 2015, the 5.0.2 update was painful, and the 5.1.1 update was simply terrible and unbearable, that's when I decided to switch to the Moto G mostly for the 5.1.1 "native" support and improved camera (since I couldn't find a cheap enough Nexus, even in second-hand market) but I was not expecting the same experience regarding upgrades, terrible firmware that needs a lot more testing and work (to summarize, they need money Lenovo is not going to afford). Next November-December I will have to think twice again.
    The only issue I have from you have listed is the funky SD card options. I can see that being an issue. Other than that, this build is just as solid for me as 5.1.1. Have you tried wiping the system cache? Factory reset the phone? When I start seeing 'issues/battery drain', I wipe the system cache and it fixes it.
    sacrdandprofne likes this.
    01-18-2016 06:38 PM
    The only issue I have from you have listed is the funky SD card options. I can see that being an issue. Other than that, this build is just as solid for me as 5.1.1. Have you tried wiping the system cache? Factory reset the phone? When I start seeing 'issues/battery drain', I wipe the system cache and it fixes it.
    I'm trying the system cache solution; I'll report back.
    01-18-2016 06:40 PM
    FYI... If the SD card problem is when it's external (portable) storage as MPT, it's an easy fix and it's been mentioned many times in multiple threads and forums.

Disconnect USB cable and go to Settings, Apps, and Show System Apps and find External Storage and Media Storage and clear data and cache on each one and reboot your phone. Wait 5 minutes after full boot for media databases to rebuild, connect USB cable, and change to MPT from pull down menu.
    sacrdandprofne likes this.
    01-18-2016 06:46 PM
    What about the mi4 global?
    01-18-2016 11:41 PM
    Motorola on their web site say Moto g 2nd gen will stay at current version .
    01-24-2016 06:25 PM
    Motorola on their web site say Moto g 2nd gen will stay at current version .
    Where?

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/20...smore.html?m=1

2014 Moto G and Moto G with 4G LTE*(2nd gen)
    Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    01-24-2016 06:45 PM
    Any news on Android 6.0 rollout for moto g 3rd gen in U.K. yet?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-28-2016 03:16 PM
    Any news on Android 6.0 rollout for moto g 3rd gen in U.K. yet?

check this thread, marshmallow update for Europe.
    There's no news yet however I've been tweeting back and forth with Motorola UK and still can't get a date just "we will be rolling out soon"

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=630214
    01-29-2016 04:42 AM
    check this thread, marshmallow update for Europe.
    There's no news yet however I've been tweeting back and forth with Motorola UK and still can't get a date just "we will be rolling out soon"

6.0 Marshmallow: Europe (XT1541) roll out - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    any chance this could be an improved build compared to the earlier ones for India, Canada and Brazil ?
    01-29-2016 04:54 AM
    any chance this could be an improved build compared to the earlier ones for India, Canada and Brazil ?
    Virtually none... It will likely be the same build, security patch date, etc. as every other build for the Moto G.
    David Alfredo and ecksmc like this.
    01-29-2016 09:38 AM
    Thanks!

01-29-2016 01:52 PM
    Hi All!

I'm new to Android, coming from the iOS world. Last week, I purchased a 3rd gen Moto G 16/2, unlocked from Amazon for only $145! It was an open box unit (probably a return), but looks and works great. Within hours of using it, it started the 6.0 update, and so far I've not had any major issues. Of course, I'm still learning, so I'm not exactly a power user, and there could be some issues going on that I'm not even aware of yet.

I still have a lot to learn, so I've been coming here trying to find answers by reading through the forums. I do have a question about encryption that I'm hoping someone has experience with. I would like to enable the encryption feature in Marshmallow, but I know the Moto G is not the most powerful phone around, although it seems fine for my purposes. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with using the encryption feature on the Moto G? I'm worried it will slow the phone down.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    02-16-2016 08:04 PM
    Hi All!

I'm new to Android, coming from the iOS world. Last week, I purchased a 3rd gen Moto G 16/2, unlocked from Amazon for only $145! It was an open box unit (probably a return), but looks and works great. Within hours of using it, it started the 6.0 update, and so far I've not had any major issues. Of course, I'm still learning, so I'm not exactly a power user, and there could be some issues going on that I'm not even aware of yet.

I still have a lot to learn, so I've been coming here trying to find answers by reading through the forums. I do have a question about encryption that I'm hoping someone has experience with. I would like to enable the encryption feature in Marshmallow, but I know the Moto G is not the most powerful phone around, although it seems fine for my purposes. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with using the encryption feature on the Moto G? I'm worried it will slow the phone down.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Please see this thread and post there if you have any further questions...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...-new-post.html
    02-17-2016 09:14 AM
    Thanks for your answer. It backs up the reading I've been doing the last few days. I need it for work, so I will just enable it and deal with whatever issues come up. Thanks again!
    02-18-2016 06:38 PM
    OMG - thank you for this tip - I've tried everything to download photos on my G2 - and this worked! Mate, you are a legend!
    05-21-2016 07:42 AM
    OMG - thank you for this tip - I've tried everything to download photos on my G2 - and this worked! Mate, you are a legend!
    Everyone here appreciates a thanks, but it's often a good idea to quote the helpful post your referencing... Both so the author gets a pat on the back, and so others know it is helpful.
    05-21-2016 08:08 AM
    why i cant tap allow on the permission settings in musically?
    05-30-2017 02:28 AM
145 ... 456