Hey guys so I have a really annoying, on-going problem with my music files and my SD card and I can't seem to solve it in any way I try...
    It's been 4 months now since I bought my phone and its microSD card (from the official phone carrier store) and throughout all of them I spent several days trying to solve this problem, running into numerous different small problems just to get to where I am now... just as lost

The problem: when I transfer my music files to my sd card via PC-phone connection, many don't make their way to the sd card... (although on the computer it shows that they did? that doesn't make sense)

Just look at this: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

How does this even make any sense?

All I want is to transfer my files to my SD card.
    But some songs don't appear in the SD card on my phone.

I am almost giving up on this and asking for some local person (I'm Brazilian) to solve this problem for me in exchange for money, because i am almost out of patience.

Along the way I gave up on some tactics, forgot them, found new ones, so nothing is really that linear right now :/
    Maybe I should try the formatting in fat32 thing again?

Here are some other threads (that I made) relating to the problem, across the months:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...s-sd-card.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...-g-2015-a.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...desperate.html
    http://androidforums.com/threads/hav.../#post-7113924
    FLAC and Windows Media Player Library Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Poweramp and .flac music files - Common Talk - Poweramp

Obs.: Btw the FLAC (I hope) and card adapter problems aren't a problem anymore. The only problem as of right now is that not all of the music files show up on the phone. I'm also not on that HP laptop anymore, but on my own desktop/PC
    12-10-2015 07:56 PM
    OK, first off... Please don't start a new thread for the same issue, it is extremely confusing to have THREE threads now for the same issue, use your original thread and just post a reply. That will bump it up in the list of threads.

Are you using Windows (as I will assume) or Linux? (Linux has some extra tools we could use at a "low-level" easily, like zeroing the card quickly)

Have you tried using TeraCopy on Windows? It has an option to verify written data as it copies...

Have you tried using the SanDisk SD Formatter tool to reformat the card? (You will then have to let the phone reformat it)

Have you tried the SD Insight app to verify you SD card is genuine?

Have you tried converting your music to MP3 or OGG instead of FLAC and try it again?

Have you tried Robocopy GUI and some of the options (strip permissions, verify, etc)?

You are stating all these issues your having, but very little of what you have tried to correct the issues, makes it tough to help.

Also you stated you formatted the card in FAT32, did you let the PHONE do that, or did you do it in a card reader? Some (older/cheap) card readers don't format large cards well, try formatting the card in vFat or ExFat (use the sandisk tool above) and put it in the phone, it will offer to format it for you.

I have copied 10+ gigabytes of music from my PC to my phone in one sitting with no issues, so I know it works, using both Windows and Linux. There is something unique about your issue, you just need to figure out what it is.
    12-10-2015 08:46 PM
    Ok, sorry, I'll only make one thread per problem now.

Regarding your quetions and suggestions

Yes, I am using Windows (Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bits)

I haven't tried TeraCopy. I'll check it out, though. Thanks for the suggestion!

I haven't heard of that either but I'll search it up!

No, I'll do that with this one too (although I'm almost sure it is genuine).

No, but I'm pretty sure the mp3 files were facing problems too. Out of my 75 albums, more than half were mp3. Also, update: all of the files that worked yesterday suddenly stopped working today!

I don't even know what that is either.

I'm sorry man its just that I've been trying to fix this for so long I cant remember everything I tried.

I formatted in a card reader... but then a bit later I managed to break my sd card somehow. So thats when I bought a new one, and I dont think I ever tried that trick on this one. I used the card reader that came with my phone.

There certainly is something unique about it. The only thing that makes sense for me right now is that both of the cards that I bought and tried are broken, although I bought them from my carrier's store.
    12-11-2015 05:21 PM
    Not all players can handle lossless files (or Willie the Pimp!) I use flac and have installed JetAudio. It works just fine and is my player of choice. See if you can get your hands on an SD card reader and just drag the music across in Windows and put it in your phone.
    12-11-2015 05:30 PM
    Not all players can handle lossless files (or Willie the Pimp!) I use flac and have installed JetAudio. It works just fine and is my player of choice. See if you can get your hands on an SD card reader and just drag the music across in Windows and put it in your phone.
    Thanks for the recommendations.
    Also I can recall my player (PowerAmp) being able to play flac.
    Im not using an sd card reader but i did that with my phone-usb.
    The problem shouldnt be with my player since the files simply dont appear in my phone even through viewing them with a file manager like ES file explorer. Also, my SD card isn't being recognized by the phone at all right now, out of nowhere, from day to night, and I have no idea why.
    12-12-2015 12:28 AM