6.0 Marshmallow: Europe (XT1541) roll out

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
No info yet however seeing as India and the USA has a thread we should have one too. I will update this when info becomes available.

Posted via the Android Central App

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
yesterday I got a notification to update to 6.0, I purchased the phone from Amazon Spain (flash sale) early last month, model is XT1541 8/1 GB.

Last edited:

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Cool! I'm yet to receive it on my XT1541 (16/2GB), purchased from Amazon UK in late October/early November, however seeing as you got it and Moto updates are based from IMEI hopefully I will get it soon!

Posted from my Moto G (2015) on the Android Central app.

Alfa Kapa

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Damn it. This title is like 6.0 is out already! Put a huge question mark on the end dude! :p
Anyways 6.0 isn't far away from our devices. Once it comes to our beloved continent, I've got a 64Gb microSD ready for "adoption" ;)

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
^^Sorry, I should've put a different title in but they are not able to be edited...

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone in UK already received update?
No on has, it hasn't started yet... Here is a current (as of today) list of the rollout process for Marshmallow (thanks to dd98 of XDA)

Not to go off-topic, here is how the MM update stands for every SKU

XT1540: Rollout almost complete
XT1541: Rollout has NOT started
XT1542: Rollout underway
XT1543: Rollout underway
XT1544: Rollout underway
XT1548: Rollout has NOT started
XT1550: Rollout underway

If you are like me, waiting for the XT1541 OTA, BE PATIENT

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
So basically, every moto g version except for the CDMA version in the US, which pretty much nobody has, and the European version are rolling out Marshmallow. Unfair, Motorola. Unfair.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So basically, every moto g version except for the CDMA version in the US, which pretty much nobody has, and the European version are rolling out Marshmallow. Unfair, Motorola. Unfair.

Correct... and the CDMA versions are all carrier branded, so Motorola will have to submit any updates to the carriers, and they will have to test and approve and push out, not Motorola directly. So Virgin Mobile, or whoever the carrier is, is partially responsible for the delay.

As far as the European version, if history holds true most updates for Europe are 2-5 weeks behind the US. It is unknown why, but that is what Moto's history has been in recent years for most updates.

ecksmc

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Moto UK just tweeted saying no date for update yet in UK, personally I've heard a lot of complaints about marshmallow in G3 and loads going back to lollipop which Motorola helps with I'd be happy to wait for stable version

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Moto UK just tweeted saying no date for update yet in UK, personally I've heard a lot of complaints about marshmallow in G3 and loads going back to lollipop which Motorola helps with I'd be happy to wait for stable version

I've asked about 10 times now and they have no time frame which in all honesty in my opinion is ridiculous. Its not like its being developed somewhere they can't get in contact with.

ecksmc

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I've asked about 10 times now and they have no time frame which in all honesty in my opinion is ridiculous. Its not like its being developed somewhere they can't get in contact with.

Hopefully we get a stable version, UK have allows been way behind with updates, some serious problems I've read like Battery drain Wi-Fi issues etc... Saying that, that is kinda normal after every update seems only people with problems post or majority, guess we will get it soon I'm saying end of Feb before we in UK will get it, just a guess going on past updates

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
The people posting these problems 9 times out 10 haven't reset the cache partition though. This wait is excruciating for me because I love being on the forefront of android versions.

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The people posting these problems 9 times out 10 haven't reset the cache partition though. This wait is excruciating for me because I love being on the forefront of android versions.

The upgrade does not warn you of bugs and the need of a "cache partition reset", it only says press here to download and install, plug the device and keep it plugged during the whole process.

I wonder what does the average Joe think of the bugs (specially the battery drain), scratching heads trying to guess what happened to their devices, will they return their phones ? will shops reset their "partition cache" ? it's a bugged upgrade and should have not released and distributed in such state.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Its not entirely a bug when a simple process can stop 99 "bugs" out of 100. Yes, it should automatically do it but it never will.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Motorola are ignoring my tweets. I'm getting pissed off now. Not only are they ignoring us they are giving everyone else marshmallow and then ignoring us. This is rude.

ecksmc

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Motorola are ignoring my tweets. I'm getting pissed off now. Not only are they ignoring us they are giving everyone else marshmallow and then ignoring us. This is rude.

Lol think there getting fed up with all the tweets asking when we will get it.

Read on another thread that Spain roll-out has started, it's released on moto site announcements in Spain, so hopefully UK should be soon.

Here's link to moto announcement https://motorola-global-es.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/109556/p/30,6720,9390

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084