02-27-2016 03:36 AM
59 123
tools
    No info yet however seeing as India and the USA has a thread we should have one too. I will update this when info becomes available.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-07-2016 11:29 AM
    yesterday I got a notification to update to 6.0, I purchased the phone from Amazon Spain (flash sale) early last month, model is XT1541 8/1 GB.
    01-15-2016 11:33 AM
    Cool! I'm yet to receive it on my XT1541 (16/2GB), purchased from Amazon UK in late October/early November, however seeing as you got it and Moto updates are based from IMEI hopefully I will get it soon!

Posted from my Moto G (2015) on the Android Central app.
    01-15-2016 01:34 PM
    Damn it. This title is like 6.0 is out already! Put a huge question mark on the end dude! :P
    Anyways 6.0 isn't far away from our devices. Once it comes to our beloved continent, I've got a 64Gb microSD ready for "adoption"
    01-15-2016 03:47 PM
    ^^Sorry, I should've put a different title in but they are not able to be edited...

01-15-2016 04:10 PM
    Anyone in UK already received update?
    01-15-2016 09:13 PM
    Anyone in UK already received update?
    No on has, it hasn't started yet... Here is a current (as of today) list of the rollout process for Marshmallow (thanks to dd98 of XDA)

Not to go off-topic, here is how the MM update stands for every SKU

XT1540: Rollout almost complete
    XT1541: Rollout has NOT started
    XT1542: Rollout underway
    XT1543: Rollout underway
    XT1544: Rollout underway
    XT1548: Rollout has NOT started
    XT1550: Rollout underway

If you are like me, waiting for the XT1541 OTA, BE PATIENT
    01-16-2016 12:16 AM
    So basically, every moto g version except for the CDMA version in the US, which pretty much nobody has, and the European version are rolling out Marshmallow. Unfair, Motorola. Unfair.

01-19-2016 10:49 AM
    So basically, every moto g version except for the CDMA version in the US, which pretty much nobody has, and the European version are rolling out Marshmallow. Unfair, Motorola. Unfair.

Correct... and the CDMA versions are all carrier branded, so Motorola will have to submit any updates to the carriers, and they will have to test and approve and push out, not Motorola directly. So Virgin Mobile, or whoever the carrier is, is partially responsible for the delay.

As far as the European version, if history holds true most updates for Europe are 2-5 weeks behind the US. It is unknown why, but that is what Moto's history has been in recent years for most updates.
    ecksmc likes this.
    01-19-2016 12:40 PM
    Moto UK just tweeted saying no date for update yet in UK, personally I've heard a lot of complaints about marshmallow in G3 and loads going back to lollipop which Motorola helps with I'd be happy to wait for stable version
    01-22-2016 02:10 AM
    Moto UK just tweeted saying no date for update yet in UK, personally I've heard a lot of complaints about marshmallow in G3 and loads going back to lollipop which Motorola helps with I'd be happy to wait for stable version
    I've asked about 10 times now and they have no time frame which in all honesty in my opinion is ridiculous. Its not like its being developed somewhere they can't get in contact with.

01-22-2016 02:15 AM
    I've asked about 10 times now and they have no time frame which in all honesty in my opinion is ridiculous. Its not like its being developed somewhere they can't get in contact with.

Hopefully we get a stable version, UK have allows been way behind with updates, some serious problems I've read like Battery drain Wi-Fi issues etc... Saying that, that is kinda normal after every update seems only people with problems post or majority, guess we will get it soon I'm saying end of Feb before we in UK will get it, just a guess going on past updates
    01-22-2016 02:21 AM
    The people posting these problems 9 times out 10 haven't reset the cache partition though. This wait is excruciating for me because I love being on the forefront of android versions.

01-22-2016 02:28 AM
    The people posting these problems 9 times out 10 haven't reset the cache partition though. This wait is excruciating for me because I love being on the forefront of android versions.

The upgrade does not warn you of bugs and the need of a "cache partition reset", it only says press here to download and install, plug the device and keep it plugged during the whole process.

I wonder what does the average Joe think of the bugs (specially the battery drain), scratching heads trying to guess what happened to their devices, will they return their phones ? will shops reset their "partition cache" ? it's a bugged upgrade and should have not released and distributed in such state.
    01-22-2016 07:15 AM
    Its not entirely a bug when a simple process can stop 99 "bugs" out of 100. Yes, it should automatically do it but it never will.

01-22-2016 07:42 AM
    Still nothing.

01-29-2016 06:32 AM
    Awkward... Haha

Attached Thumbnails 6.0 Marshmallow: Europe (XT1541) roll out-35667.jpg  
    Alfa Kapa likes this.
    01-30-2016 10:09 AM
    ^didnt get attached

Attached Thumbnails 6.0 Marshmallow: Europe (XT1541) roll out-35665.jpg  
    01-30-2016 10:09 AM
    Motorola are ignoring my tweets. I'm getting pissed off now. Not only are they ignoring us they are giving everyone else marshmallow and then ignoring us. This is rude.

01-31-2016 07:22 AM
    Motorola are ignoring my tweets. I'm getting pissed off now. Not only are they ignoring us they are giving everyone else marshmallow and then ignoring us. This is rude.

Lol think there getting fed up with all the tweets asking when we will get it.

Read on another thread that Spain roll-out has started, it's released on moto site announcements in Spain, so hopefully UK should be soon.

Here's link to moto announcement https://motorola-global-es.custhelp....p/30,6720,9390
    02-01-2016 04:43 AM
    I upgraded twice and rolled back twice... don't do it, wait for a bit and check forums and opinions, Marshmallow benefits are negligible compared to some of its glaring issues (some can be fixed, some cannot and some will be fixed and come back again to haunt you, specially access to your data on the SD card), I know this thread is for news about the update and people excited about Marshmallow... but think twice, give it time, update is not going to vanish, rolling back to 5.1.1 is a real pain, I'm sure Motorola/Lenovo will deliver a better, more refined upgrade to 6.x.x come summer time.
    02-01-2016 11:18 AM
    I upgraded twice and rolled back twice... don't do it, wait for a bit and check forums and opinions, Marshmallow benefits are negligible compared to some of its glaring issues (some can be fixed, some cannot and some will be fixed and come back again to haunt you, specially access to your data on the SD card), I know this thread is for news about the update and people excited about Marshmallow... but think twice, give it time, update is not going to vanish, rolling back to 5.1.1 is a real pain, I'm sure Motorola/Lenovo will deliver a better, more refined upgrade to 6.x.x come summer time.
    Have done a cache partition reset?

That should sort any and every problem after every system update and you should always do one even if you don't have problems.

02-01-2016 11:23 AM
    yes I did wipe cache several times and fixed some issues, but the most important for me (access to videos and photos in SD card / transfer files) were not fixed at all, maybe for a couple of days but then they would come back, also I did reset network settings to fix the "WiFi draining battery" issue, but I couldn't find any fix for Google Music not downloading (my 8 GB of music) to SD card (doesn't recognize it even in portable, external storage), also with M installed there's some occasional lag and hiccups while browsing (might be related to Chrome) and even with "Doze" my battery time was not as good as with 5.1.1.

Yes Marshmallow seems to perform faster and in benchmarks it produces marginal better results when benching Moto G 2015, but in real-world performance the only "visible" change is that animations were optimized so it seems a bit faster (apps are partly loaded and brought immediately to the foreground while the rest is loaded in the background) but only milliseconds compared to 5.1.1, also the lock screen with Google Now instead of quick access to the dialer is nonsensical, you can't see memory usage in real time, just an average for certain apps, doze will sometimes block some apps from sending notifications even if they are set to "unoptimized" (you wake up with a lot of missing notifications in your screen compared to 5.1.1, Doze needs some work and/or apps need some compatibility patches), new emojis are terrible and most of all there's not a single app performing better than anything on 5.1.1, no real difference, maybe 1-2% snappier ?

You have to consider devs code with "the largest installed base" in mind, Marshmallow installed base is below 2%, this year we will be seeing apps optimized for 5.1.1, I do believe after extensive experience with Marshmallow and 5.1.1 that, in the case of Motorola Moto G 2015, the upgrade is not worth it at all, maybe next 6.x.x upgrade in some months, but 6.0 ? no.
    ecksmc likes this.
    02-01-2016 12:09 PM
    Anyone some news about roll out...? Can't wait for it.
    02-07-2016 03:41 PM
    Anyone some news about roll out...? Can't wait for it.
    Rollout has begun in Spain. No other news.

02-07-2016 03:46 PM
59 123