08-03-2017 03:28 PM
113 12345
tools
    I sent my phone in for service and they had to do something with the software. Now my phone when attached to my Computer says "USB not recognized". I've tried uninstalling the Motorola Device software on my laptop numerous times plus lots of other things. I am so frustrated.
    Does the USB notification show up on the phone? Have you changed it to MTP?

TBH, this sounds like a computer problem, not a phone problem.
    06-14-2016 09:40 AM
    Here's what worked for me on my Moto G 2nd gen after Marshmellow:

1. Turn off phone

2. Remove SD card

3. Power on

4. Power off

5. Put SD card back in

6. Power on and let the phone recognize it.

7. Plug it into computer via USB, now I can slide down and choose USB to use MTP. Voila, it's all accessible on my computer.

Hope this helps.
    SteelJan
    06-16-2016 02:45 PM
    I have been having this same problem on my Nexus 7 and Android 6.0.1.

I have tried all the solutions listed here, and still, there is no option on the notification pull down for selecting the MTP option.

I've upgraded to Win 10 since the last time this was working.

Two hours wasted so far.
    06-19-2016 02:40 PM
    Will this delete my photos? Should I save them somewhere somehow first?
    06-20-2016 07:46 PM
    Trying to import 250 photos from moto g to photo gallery on windows 7
    06-22-2016 06:00 PM
    I thing many forget, including me, that when you plug in the USB cable, you then have to swipe the G3 screen top down and click on the USB notification and then choose files. Voila, they appear on windows.
    Paul_droid likes this.
    06-24-2016 01:29 PM
    Hi
    May be its due to the upgraded newest system and your pc's operating system which is windows is older.It the reason.Because one year ago,I had a moto e which did'nt connects with windows xp.Then i changed my windows to window7 and now it works properly.So just check your computer operating system.
    06-28-2016 05:47 AM
    HI I have followed yourstructions about going to system apps then to External Storage to clear the data and the cache. If I do this it says all will be lost

The message says: Al this app's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, ses, accounts, databases etc.

I'm afraid I'll loose all of the photos I'm trying to move to my PC.

Will I?
    07-01-2016 12:26 AM
    Hi
    I have followed this suggestion....I am not getting any verification that the phone has recognized the SD card.?
    07-01-2016 12:33 AM
    Hi
    I have followed this suggestion....I am not getting any verification that the phone has recognized the SD card.?
    I'm not sure what your asking... The procedure noted earlier deletes the database files and rebuilds them on the reboot that are used by the MTP connection to a computer, not your data. There is no danger to your files or data, only the indexing database related to those files. There is no confirmation that it's complete.
    07-01-2016 06:02 PM
    Thank you...It works..
    07-17-2016 09:40 PM
    Moto G 3rd gen - After following the directions in this thread several times my pc still sees the phone, but no files on the phone. It sees the sd card and it's files, but no files on the phone. I tried removing the sd card also, to see if I could force the issue, but that did nothing to help the situation.
    How might I see and transfer files via usb from my phone to my pc?
    07-24-2016 11:43 PM
    Moto G 3rd gen - After following the directions in this thread several times my pc still sees the phone, but no files on the phone. It sees the sd card and it's files, but no files on the phone. I tried removing the sd card also, to see if I could force the issue, but that did nothing to help the situation.
    How might I see and transfer files via usb from my phone to my pc?
    You cleared data on Media Storage and External Storage and rebooted? Is your SD card adopted or portable?
    07-25-2016 10:26 AM
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue on a Moto G 2nd Gen. I followed the steps to delete all data and clear cache on External Storage and Media Storage + rebooted.

My phone is Default on Charging only, but when I switch to Transfer files my PC can't find my SD-card at all. Before the cache-deleting etc. it found the card but no contents.

I have also tried to simply remove the card and replace it again after rebooting. My SD-card is portable.

Please help..! I really need to backup my photos.. <3
    07-26-2016 02:02 PM
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue on a Moto G 2nd Gen. I followed the steps to delete all data and clear cache on External Storage and Media Storage + rebooted.

My phone is Default on Charging only, but when I switch to Transfer files my PC can't find my SD-card at all. Before the cache-deleting etc. it found the card but no contents.

I have also tried to simply remove the card and replace it again after rebooting. My SD-card is portable.

Please help..! I really need to backup my photos.. <3
    Remove the card from the phone and place it in a PC.
    07-26-2016 11:47 PM
    Yes, acejavelin, I'll have to get a card reader and try that, because now my phone doesn't recognize my card either, it is as if it doesn't exist! I thought the tips above were safe Does anybody know how to fix THAT issue?
    07-27-2016 01:32 PM
    Yes, acejavelin, I'll have to get a card reader and try that, because now my phone doesn't recognize my card either, it is as if it doesn't exist! I thought the tips above were safe Does anybody know how to fix THAT issue?
    The tips are safe... They do not effect mounting or any system level addressing of the card, they simply rebuild databases.
    07-27-2016 03:48 PM
    I did clear Media AND Storage data, and rebooted (waited the 5 minutes etc). Still no joy. I don't know what SD card being adopted or portable means.
    07-28-2016 04:47 PM
    When you inserted your SD card or upgraded to Marshmallow, it asked you if you wanted to setup your SD card as Portable storage, or as Internal storage... That is what I am referring to.

If you go to Settings - Storage, does it show your SD card under Internal or Portable storage.

If it is under Internal storage, it won't show up separately... it is "adopted" as internal storage and not a unique storage device anymore.
    07-28-2016 09:34 PM
    Thanks, you there are P E R F E C T..... MAny many THANKS, so easy and simple explaining.... I fix my issue with Computer with MotoE2(4G-LTE) !!!!
    07-29-2016 03:29 PM
    Thank you for this fix. Have been fighting this for a while.
    07-29-2016 08:25 PM
    Try these steps on Android 6 (Marshmallow):
    1. Connect MotoG3 to PC. Open Files Explorer>click MotoG3. If you do not see any files, follow steps below on your mobile.
    2. Goto Settings
    3. Click Developer options (enable it if not already enabled)
    4. Select USB Configuration
    5. Choose PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol). Your PC will start installing some drivers. After few minutes you should see internal memory and external card in MotoG3. However you'd only be able to browse images. No other files.
    6. Choose MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) again. Now all files should be accessible again.
    08-23-2016 06:01 AM
    To be honest this entire thread is outrageous. As consumers we are meant to be able to buy a phone, download a reasonable amount of apps, use it for calls/emails/texts/internet, without having to reformat memory cards and go into the depths of the settings. Motorola and Android have an awful of explaining to do.

I have no more than a dozen apps on my G3 and NO games, yet I have almost no memory left. After having to go through the bollocks of reformatting two SD cards, only to find that they do not show up when plugged into a PC, and not being able to transfer data on them, I am now having to go through the inconvenience and cost of returning my phone to Motorola. Frankly I am disgusted
    08-23-2016 12:04 PM
    When you inserted your SD card or upgraded to Marshmallow, it asked you if you wanted to setup your SD card as Portable storage, or as Internal storage... That is what I am referring to.

If you go to Settings - Storage, does it show your SD card under Internal or Portable storage.

If it is under Internal storage, it won't show up separately... it is "adopted" as internal storage and not a unique storage device anymore.
    This is true, but when I have attempted to then put photos & music on the storage, the system will NOT use the adopted storage, and simply runs out. So what have done wrong ?
    08-23-2016 12:12 PM
    All you have to do is.....drop down menu------- and tell the phone what action you want to do. Charge only, transfer photos, or transfer files
    Posted via the Android Central App on Moto G3 16/2 on $35 Cricket wireless plan.
    -bafare

Well that was easy, LOL. Took me three seconds. Thanks!
    08-30-2016 10:11 PM
113 12345