have u guys updated to android marshie ......if so ...how is ur experience .....and wats the improvements and decrements after 6 !!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-11-2016 06:35 AM
    I haven't, but most of the people that have, seem to be happy so far.
    01-11-2016 06:42 AM
    have u guys updated to android marshie ......if so ...how is ur experience .....and wats the improvements and decrements after 6 !!!

For someone who was so anxious about it months ago, I'm surprised you don't have it yet. ๐Ÿ˜€

It's solid, just do it. Only major bug is OTG is broken. Memory management, performance and display are improved, battery life is mixed depending on your usage (SOT is down slightly, standby times are improved, YMMV).

If you want more, be specific and I'll touch on what I can. The Android 6 threads here and on XDA are great resources as well.
    01-11-2016 06:49 AM
    how much better would you say is the battery life? Stand-by time I mean?
    I get around 5days with 5.1 android with battery saver app and just using it like a regular phone and browsing internet sometime when i need.
    01-11-2016 04:01 PM
    how much better would you say is the battery life? Stand-by time I mean?
    I get around 5days with 5.1 android with battery saver app and just using it like a regular phone and browsing internet sometime when i need.
    Really, all depends on your usage... Some people get to a point where it's only 2% loss overnight (8 hours), others not so much. If toggle data off except when you need it now, likely little noticeable difference at all.
    01-11-2016 06:02 PM
    It seems smooth, startup time is just as fast as lollipop. I'm noticing that every now and then my preferred browser, chrome beta, clams up a bit where I can't scroll for some reason... haven't noticed that on lollipop but it could just be me.
    But yeah the overall experience is smooth, I didn't notice any battery and or perform improvements... but hey it's just as smooth and battery lasts as long as it did for lollipop so I'm happy about that things didn't visually slow down or suck more power.

if I could do it all over again, I would keep lollipop though. I liked the Apps2SD and the SD card I have now is my only one and has all the stuff I want on it. From what I understand with Marshmallow, you can format your SD to augment your storage, but doing this will wipe your card and you'll no longer be able to access you files (photos/music/etc) by plugging it into the computer.. and even if you do choose this option, it's up to android of how it will store your app files (whether it'll put app data in your formatted expansion vs the internal that comes with the phone)--with lollipop you knew which apps you can send over with Apps2SD...
    That said, the second option is continuing to use your SD card as a mountable/ejectable storage... where you can pop out your card and use it in another device. I went with this option.

So now, any new app I download, I won't be able to use Apps2SD like I did in lollipop. which means my internal space will start filling up faster. Glad I got the 16/2.
    In the future, when I get another phone, I'll definitely get another SD card and start from a clean slate.
    01-11-2016 07:16 PM
    When I chose to use my sd card as device storage in initial marshmallow setup my SwiftKey predictions stopped and the message "predictions not available - check sd card" showed up in their place.

I researched and could not figure a work around so I had to reformat my sd card as portable storage and reinstall SwiftKey to enable predictions.
    01-11-2016 08:56 PM
    When I chose to use my sd card as device storage in initial marshmallow setup my SwiftKey predictions stopped and the message "predictions not available - check sd card" showed up in their place.

I researched and could not figure a work around so I had to reformat my sd card as portable storage and reinstall SwiftKey to enable predictions.
    Uninstaller and reinstall SwiftKey should have been all that was needed. It's been mentioned once or twice, a few other apps as well that set the preferences at startup that you can't change.
    01-11-2016 10:56 PM
    Uninstaller and reinstall SwiftKey should have been all that was needed. It's been mentioned once or twice, a few other apps as well that set the preferences at startup that you can't change.
    Yes, I tried that and predictions would work until the next reboot and then stop with the same message.
    01-11-2016 11:05 PM
    Pocket Casts would not work also. I didn't try to uninstall and reinstall the app........I had already reformatted my sd card.
    01-12-2016 03:39 AM
    For someone who was so anxious about it months ago, I'm surprised you don't have it yet. ๐Ÿ˜€

It's solid, just do it. Only major bug is OTG is broken. Memory management, performance and display are improved, battery life is mixed depending on your usage (SOT is down slightly, standby times are improved, YMMV).

If you want more, be specific and I'll touch on what I can. The Android 6 threads here and on XDA are great resources as well.
    ...๐Ÿ˜ hi and does the dialer is updated to latest version or is it still from kitkat ........

01-12-2016 04:00 AM
    i got the update worth of 445 mb !! on my mini nexus (g3) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ.....hehe

01-12-2016 04:01 AM
    Either a reboot or force stopping the app in settings will fix this. You will have to choose Swiftkey as you default keyboard again though. Also, your 'chop twice' for flash light may not work. And I now have issues with Bluetooth on my car. Other than that, it's great.
    01-12-2016 06:47 AM
    i got the update worth of 445 mb !! on my mini nexus (g3) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ.....hehe

Lucky! Still nothing in Europe!

Posted from my Moto G (2015) on the Android Central app.
    01-12-2016 07:07 AM
    what abt the dialer app ..is it still from kitkat or .updated ...!!!!

01-12-2016 08:01 AM
    what abt the dialer app ..is it still from kitkat or .updated ...!!!!

Yes, of course it is updated, and we never had the KitKat dialer, we had the stock Android Lollipop dialer with the Lollipop firmware, and now we have the stock Android Marshmallow dialer with the Marshmallow firmware... Didn't you get it in your update that you said you got over 4 hours ago?
    01-12-2016 08:29 AM
    i m sorry guys ...!! i got the update nearly 4 days ago on 8th !!! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜€.....i did download the system update too ...but i am in a kind of in an oscillating state ...whether to install 6 or not ..!!!

seeing lots of reviews and stuff abt the update !!!!

if i get a positive feel to update g3 ...i will do it on 15 of this months which is an auspicious day ...( the day we people in India (chennai)celebrate Pongal ) ....๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‡

01-12-2016 08:59 AM
    Yes, of course it is updated, and we never had the KitKat dialer, we had the stock Android Lollipop dialer with the Lollipop firmware, and now we have the stock Android Marshmallow dialer with the Marshmallow firmware... Didn't you get it in your update that you said you got over 4 hours ago?
    see above message ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ™‹

01-12-2016 09:31 AM

The work around for the SwiftKey is to go to settings, apps, Swift key and force stop it. Then the next time you need to type choose SwiftKey and the predictions will be back.

That way you don't have to uninstall / reinstall it. Hope this helps
    04-30-2016 11:06 AM