I am using Motorola G 3rd Generation, I couldn't disable the camera's shutter sound in "marshmallow", before the update, it was working fine in "Lollipop". Even if my mobile is in silent mode, the shutter sound comes, it is quite irritating, can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance.
    01-22-2016 02:12 AM
    I am using Motorola G 3rd Generation, I couldn't disable the camera's shutter sound in "marshmallow", before the update, it was working fine in "Lollipop". Even if my mobile is in silent mode, the shutter sound comes, it is quite irritating, can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance.
    Moto is being quiet on this... But every Moto G on MM is the same, there is some assumption this is for legal reasons because in some areas it is illegal not to have a shutter sound.

As of now, there is no fix except to use a different camera app.
    01-22-2016 02:21 PM
    I have US XT-1540 (running MM) and still have the shutter on/off option in my camera settings ring, so I'm not sure it is global.

If you are rooted, you might be able to replace the camera shutter sound (/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg) with something silent. I did this on another phone that I had. Other than that, maybe a different camera, as suggested above.
    01-22-2016 02:34 PM
    Hmm... to be honest, I had never tried it just gone by what others had said since I don't really care if the camera makes a noise or not, but it indeed works on my US XT1540 version to toggle the sound on and off.

OP, which model do you have?
    01-23-2016 10:38 AM

Thanks in advance.
    It depends on the country. In some of them you can't switch the shutter sound off by legal imposition. Same thing happened with different Moto models after the Marshmallow update. My X Play and my wife's G 2015, both Brazilian retail, didn't lose that sound off setting after the update.

You can check this other thread for different ideas.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=629654
    01-24-2016 10:34 AM