I have owned a moto g at launch, but took it back when the moto x pure came out. I'm not especially happy with the battery life of the pure, who has made the switch from a pure to a g, and how's it been treating you?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-28-2016 12:49 PM
    Examine why you switched in the first place, and see if those reasons still apply.
    01-28-2016 01:52 PM
    Both work fine for my needs, quite frankly. I just miss the battery life

01-28-2016 08:13 PM
    Both work fine for my needs, quite frankly. I just miss the battery life

My brother has Moto X and it's not reaching the 2+ days battery time I get on average with my Mot G 3rd, if battery is your priority consider getting back a 16/2 Moto G 3rd BUT let it on 5.1.1 until all battery drain and other bugs in Marshmallow are fixed.

edited: added "other bugs"
    01-29-2016 04:57 AM
    My brother has Moto X and it's not reaching the 2+ days battery time I get on average with my Mot G 3rd, if battery is your priority consider getting back a 16/2 Moto G 3rd BUT let it on 5.1.1 until all battery drain bugs in Marshmallow are fixed.
    No offense, but what "battery drain bugs in Marshmallow"? I get equal or better battery on Marshmallow than I did on Lollipop, and the only mention we ever see for the Moto G is the so called "WiFi" bug, which isn't really a bug (its a setting that gets stuck in the update process and can't be changed normally) and is easily fixed by either doing a Network Settings Reset in Settings or by a factory default as a last resort.
    01-29-2016 09:40 AM
    No offense, but what "battery drain bugs in Marshmallow"? I get equal or better battery on Marshmallow than I did on Lollipop, and the only mention we ever see for the Moto G is the so called "WiFi" bug, which isn't really a bug (its a setting that gets stuck in the update process and can't be changed normally) and is easily fixed by either doing a Network Settings Reset in Settings or by a factory default as a last resort.
    yes you're right, that's a fixable bug, I missed the word "other"... "battery drain and other bugs" referring to USB access from PC is shaky, I edited my post. I know you can fix it clearing cache/data of media/external media, I tested it, but a couple of days later you get the bug back, that's rather annoying and coupled with the fact that Marshmallow does not add anything significant for the average user I decided waiting for some 6.X.X upgrade instead while the device happily runs on 5.1.1 without needing to resort to its micromanagement.
    01-29-2016 10:31 AM
    yes you're right, that's a fixable bug, I missed the word "other"... "battery drain and "other bugs" referring to USB access from PC is shaky, I edited my post. I know you can fix it clearing cache/data of media/external media, I tested it, but a couple of days later you get the bug back, that's rather annoying and coupled with the fact that Marshmallow does not add anything significant for the average user I decided waiting for some 6.X.X upgrade instead while the device happily runs on 5.1.1 without needing to resort to its micromanagement.
    There will always be bugs in the code...

Only one or two people have noted the problem with USB access returns after a while, mine has been stable for well over a month now (I got Marshmallow on Dec 22). And the fact that you have to select MTP every time you connect, is by Google design as a security measure (see the generic Android or Nexus device release notes).

I'm not trying to say MM is perfect, hardly... but the bugs are minuscule, or fixable, for most users, and most people think it is easier to deal with them than the constant pop-ups asking you upgrade which cannot be turned off on a non-rooted device.
    01-29-2016 10:37 AM
    I most definitely miss the battery life but I really do enjoy the moto x for its display and camera

01-30-2016 05:07 PM