Thinking about buying a Moto G 2015, should I be worried about MM?

gramesy

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about upgrading from my sorta trusty T-Mo GS3 (still running stock 4.3!) to the latest Moto G (16GB/2GB). I've been reading through the various MM update issues threads on this forum and I'm not sure if I should take the plunge.

The other thing I'm not sure of is whether it will ship with MM or Lollipop if I order it directly from Motorola (their web site lists Lollipop as the OS). I was looking at a demo device at Best Buy this weekend and it was running MM. I didn't play with it long enough to notice any bugs. It seemed pretty snappy just browsing around the app launcher, settings, etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I know this is kinda subjective, YMMV, etc, but this will be the first time I've paid cash for an unlocked device and I'd rather avoid buyer's remorse.

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
if 5.1.1 is good enough for you and you don't need any of the "new" features of 6.0... don't do it, SD card and apps management (transfer apps to SD card) is terrible in Marshmallow, at least you have the 16 GB model so you can always format the SD card as "external" but anyway, read impressions and experiences here (come and click in my user name and check my threads) or try for yourself. Personally I will wait until 6.x.x.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Marshmallow since mid-December being in the beta program, it has given me few issues. Having the 16/2 version you should have little issues as long as you leave the SD card as external storage. As always with major OS upgrades in Android, be prepared to factory reset if you do have issues since it clears them up 99% of the time.

amishfury

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
i just received my moto g the other day... 5.1.1 it will nag you about the update

i'm going to leave the SD card as external since the benchmark shows the phone isn't hitting the full potential of the card (tested on my PC the card does 90MB read 60MB write the results i got on the phone were closer to 50/30)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would take the update.

Leave external storage as Portable.

If you see any issues, wipe the cache.

If the issues persist, do a factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I ordered mine on 14 Jan and it shipped from China with 5.1.1 and arrived on 19 Jan.

I don't know if this will help.

I accidentally downloaded the update, and it nags me mercilessly, but all you have to do is ignore it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci