Why can't I go to the lock screen?

A

AC Question

My lock screen is literally just gone. I looked into it and somehow I turned my lock screen mode off but I have no clue how to turn it back on. My notifications are all messed up, my quick setting panel is gone, and I don't have a lock screen so anyone can just pick up my phone and boom it's already on

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What phone and Android version do you have? Does the problem persist after a reboot? Can you remember what you were doing right before this problem started?

sundaymiriya

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a Motorola G3 Marshmallow and when I started noticing it was after I was uploading images from my gallery to google photos I don't know how that would have done anything but :/ I had filmed a video on my phone too but again, nothing I would think that would make it freak out like that. And yes I tried restarting my phone and nothing changed

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for registering and welcome as a new member!

I've read a few reports about problems with the quick settings. You could try this. Go to settings - users - switch to guest and back to owner. See if it makes a difference.

What do you have under settings - security - screen lock?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You could try a couple of things.

- Boot your phone in safe mode to see if there's a conflict with a third party app that you downloaded.

- Wipe the cache partition on recovery.

If nothing works maybe you should consider a factory reset.

I'll contact the moderators and see if they can move this thread to the Moto G 2015 forum to get more ideas from other owners.

sundaymiriya

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I rebooted it in safe mode and it's the exact same but because it's in safe mode I can't get to most of my apps.
I would factory reset it but when I go to my backup and reset area in my settings the option is grayed out?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2