Moto G 3rd Gen lag really slow

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Since updating my Moto G earlier this year to MM I suffer lag. Really bad most times. Can't run any demanding games like GTA etc. Facebook app is pretty laggy too amongst other apps.

I constantly have hardly any memory free says 898 available but only 38 meg free. It's always around this number on free memory which can't be right?

Anything I can do to fix this?

Chris.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! It's hard to say what the exact problem was. The system cache partition holds temporary system data, which sometimes can cause little glitches here and there. Wiping it can be a helpful general troubleshooting step.

manus31

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I also thought mine was a bit laggy,I deleted the cache partition and changed all my animations in

Developer options to .05

Now the phone performance feels great

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am new to stock android ui. How do i get to developer options to .05. Thank you for your help

Welcome to the forums! First you need to enable them. Go to settings - about phone and tap 7 times on the build number. After this process they will show up right before 'about phone' at the end of the settings. Open them, scroll down until the 'drawing' section and you can change the three animation scales. Be careful changing or enabling other things in the developer options. If you are not sure what they are or how they work don't change them.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Is delete the same as wipe in terms of partitions on android?
Yes and no... Technically speaking they are different, wiping generally is considered a format of the partition, delete is just erasing the files, although in practice when referring to partitions in Android, they are often used interchangeably.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I found this thread while searching for help for my Moto G 2 because Snapchat was incredibly laggy and would often freeze. I didn't delete cache partition but reduced the animations to .05 and restarted the phone. Now Snapchat works and the phone generally feels more responsive. Thanks for the suggestion, it's made a world of difference.

Louise90

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I was about to bounce my phone off the wall, extremely slow, wouldn't open links on the likes of FB, internet kept disconnecting. I tried these steps from your link and it has solved everything!! Thank you so much :) @ B.Diddy

Ray Hoare

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the tips ladies and gents, I was thinking of upgrading to the nexus or pixel phones because of how slow my G3 had got but was reluctant to fork out all that dosh even though my phone was doing my head in. I should of googled the problem much sooner but I am now a happy chappy, thanks again

Sriku_android

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Everything went right until that Android with red exclamation says 'no command'. I tried the Power+ vol. Up Combo....But the Phone was simply reset without any cache menu.
What could be the Problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie