I have a Moto G3 (2 GB variant). I'm very happy with my phone. However, one thing that keeps bugging me is the security patches. I'm still stuck on December 2015 patch while my mum's Nexus 6 is ready to get the March one. Interestingly, I got an update today morning for security patch. However, due to an unstable connection and low battery, I had to cancel the download. Now, when I'm fully charged and with a stable connection, I'm not getting the update. It has started to boil me up. Is there a way to manually update the my phone without flashing??

Help is required.

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Security patch-116178.jpg ย 
    03-15-2016 08:20 AM
    Only Nexus devices are guaranteed to get the monthly updates, no other manufacturer has made any guarantees of even providing them and I have not heard of any Moto device getting them either. A quick check of my device showed no updates available. Remember these are not updates, other than the security patches, the rest of the ROM image is untouched.

For the most part, these "security patches" are over rated anyway... the things they patch are so obscure and rare, your more likely to be hit by lightning well being bitten by a shark than actually be affected by any of the things these patches "fix". And no, I am not exaggerating.
    03-15-2016 10:00 AM
    Mine on January

Attached Thumbnails Security patch-4559.jpg ย 
    03-16-2016 04:43 AM
    When did you get the update for January one?

03-16-2016 04:59 AM
    Only Nexus devices are guaranteed to get the monthly updates, no other manufacturer has made any guarantees of even providing them and I have not heard of any Moto device getting them either. A quick check of my device showed no updates available. Remember these are not updates, other than the security patches, the rest of the ROM image is untouched.

For the most part, these "security patches" are over rated anyway... the things they patch are so obscure and rare, your more likely to be hit by lightning well being bitten by a shark than actually be affected by any of the things these patches "fix". And no, I am not exaggerating.
    Cool, thanks for the help ๐Ÿ‘

03-16-2016 05:00 AM
    Straight out the box.

Moto G only received in March.

03-16-2016 06:50 AM
    Probably better off concentrating on having a good up to date antivirus app than worrying about this.

03-17-2016 12:51 AM
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ nice one. Thanks all ๐Ÿ‘

03-17-2016 01:29 AM
    Motorola never committed to the monthly security patches. If this concerns you, you should switch to Nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    03-24-2016 10:10 PM