After returning two faulty Moto G 2015 (8GB versions - both had ghost touch touchscreen issues), I decided to try the 16GB version. I received it yesterday and updated to MM.

The phone got pretty hot, but I decided it was probably due to updating, charging and installing apps... but it constantly feels a bit too warm after a couple of minutes of use. When I got home, some time after updating, I decided to try a CPU temperature app. Loaded it up and saw the temperature rise to 70 degrees Celsius. Thought it was a fluke, so decided to see how it behaves the next day.

Browsing and listening to Spotify brought the CPU up to 57-60 degrees Celsius, feeling warm around the camera and on the touch screen itself. This can't be normal, can it? My two faulty 8GB versions did not feel this warm at any point as far as I remember. The app says the battery temp is 30, so there's no issue with that.

I don't really have many apps installed. Even tried it in Safe Mode, as the Moto rep told me. He advised me to take it to a repair shop. Which does not feel okay for a new phone.

Is this phone faulty as well? Am I THIS lucky?

Thanks everyone!
    03-16-2016 06:03 AM
    After returning two faulty Moto G 2015 (8GB versions - both had ghost touch touchscreen issues), I decided to try the 16GB version. I received it yesterday and updated to MM.

The phone got pretty hot, but I decided it was probably due to updating, charging and installing apps... but it constantly feels a bit too warm after a couple of minutes of use. When I got home, some time after updating, I decided to try a CPU temperature app. Loaded it up and saw the temperature rise to 70 degrees Celsius. Thought it was a fluke, so decided to see how it behaves the next day.

Browsing and listening to Spotify brought the CPU up to 57-60 degrees Celsius, feeling warm around the camera and on the touch screen itself. This can't be normal, can it? My two faulty 8GB versions did not feel this warm at any point as far as I remember. The app says the battery temp is 30, so there's no issue with that.

I don't really have many apps installed. Even tried it in Safe Mode, as the Moto rep told me. He advised me to take it to a repair shop. Which does not feel okay for a new phone.

Is this phone faulty as well? Am I THIS lucky?

Thanks everyone!
    That is not normal... I would factory default and try it without installing any apps and see if the heating occurs, if it does you probably a defective device.
    03-16-2016 07:47 AM
    That is not normal... I would factory default and try it without installing any apps and see if the heating occurs, if it does you probably a defective device.
    Yeah, I did exactly that. Guess I will try to return this one as well then...
    03-16-2016 11:41 AM