Recently on my Moto G 3rd Gen I have been running out of internal storage, and the app taking up the most room is Google Play Music. I have downloaded around 500mb worth of music, so it wasn't that that surprised me but the fact that despite me already moving the data to the SD card it still appeared in internal storage. When I checked the SD card the data was there as well. I tried deleting all the data and redownloading it but that didn't help at all. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to free up the internal storage space?

Thanks
    04-01-2016 10:57 AM
    As far as I know, there is no way to remedy this. I have a Moto G 2nd gen and my Google Play music takes up around 250mb of storage, and all of my music is stored on the SD card!
    04-04-2016 03:14 AM
    Recently on my Moto G 3rd Gen I have been running out of internal storage, and the app taking up the most room is Google Play Music. I have downloaded around 500mb worth of music, so it wasn't that that surprised me but the fact that despite me already moving the data to the SD card it still appeared in internal storage. When I checked the SD card the data was there as well. I tried deleting all the data and redownloading it but that didn't help at all. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to free up the internal storage space?

Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try clearing the data from the app, then re set up the app to use your SD card. See if that helps.
    04-06-2016 07:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try clearing the data from the app, then re set up the app to use your SD card. See if that helps.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier but I have already tried this.
    04-07-2016 03:09 AM
    Okay, after contacting Motorola and getting very little help I have found a workaround. Basically, the method is to first delete all Google Play Music data of your device, then open up the Google Play Music website on a PC. Go to My Library and download all the music that you want on your SD card to a folder on your PC (have to download albums or individual songs, can't download playlists) - you do this by opening the "three dot menu" for each album or song and clicking download. Then, connect your phone to the PC via usb, and change the usb connection setting to MTP (defaults to charging). Now your phone and phone's SD card should show up on your PC's file explorer, so all you need to do is copy all the music you want to a folder on your SD card (just make a new one, name is not important). I have done this with all my music and can confirm it works. As a side note, if you download more than one song from an album at a time then the songs are save as zip files - the Google Play Music app will [I]not[I] recognise this, so you will have to extract the songs from the zip files before copying, although being in an unzipped folder works fine.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation to me!
    04-08-2016 04:29 AM