I need to stay away from my phone (Moto G3, running 6.0.1, if it matters) for a while (exams, specifically). I need a way in which I can soft brick my phone in a manner in which I can still access fastboot and recovery.

I was thinking of flashing a ROM/kernel for some other phone, but I'm afraid that such a thing may hard brick my phone for good :/
    Is there any way in which I can be 100% sure I can just restore a nandroid backup later and come back clean? Maybe flashing some zip, or deleting the boot animation.zip? Or maybe modifying/deleting build.prop? I'm willing to do anything as long as its not a hard brick.
    (Yes, I'm addicted to my phone :/ )
    04-07-2016 11:19 AM
    Just make a full backup in recovery... Then wipe system partition. This is the safest way.
    04-07-2016 11:47 AM
    Wow... Just wow...

I could think of a dozen ways to accomplish this, but why bother, if you are that addicted to your phone you could take 5-10 minutes and bring it back online by reflashing or whatever.

Your a student... give it to a faculty member, campus life staff, trusted friend, or someone else with instructions not to give it back to you until the tests are over, or unless an emergency occurs.

Or grow up and be an adult and learn to use some will power and how to prioritize the things in life... you will need that skill or this will be a problem, and other things, as you get older and for the rest of your life. It is an important skill.
    04-07-2016 07:21 PM
    How about learning some self discipline.
    04-07-2016 08:27 PM