I've been putting off the update since I don't have access to a wi-fi connection, but accidentally installed 6.0 using my mobile data. After said update my phone is not working properly:
    -Android File Transfer doesn't recognize my phone
    -Swipe down motion doesn't show notifications or the quick access to wi-fi connections, flashlight, hotspot, et al.
    -My phone is permanently unlocked (doesn't even give the option to enter the password)
    -Home button does nothing

I uninstalled Nova launcher and went back to google's but it didn't help at all. I've been thinking of restoring to factory settings but if there's a better option I'll try it.

Thanks in advance
    04-14-2016 11:48 AM
    Welcome to the forums! There's a bug affecting a few phones after the Marshmallow update, mostly Nexus and Moto devices. It seems related to the setup wizard. There are different possible fixes:

- switching to guest user and back to owner will fix only some of the problems.

- adb commands.

- factory reset via recovery mode.

Take a look here and tell us how it goes.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=600742
    04-14-2016 12:51 PM
    I installed it a month ago today, and have had no trouble whatsoever, except for flaky trusted places, which was flaky on Lollipop.
    04-14-2016 04:17 PM
    I've been putting off the update since I don't have access to a wi-fi connection, but accidentally installed 6.0 using my mobile data. After said update my phone is not working properly:
    -Android File Transfer doesn't recognize my phone
    -Swipe down motion doesn't show notifications or the quick access to wi-fi connections, flashlight, hotspot, et al.
    -My phone is permanently unlocked (doesn't even give the option to enter the password)
    -Home button does nothing

I uninstalled Nova launcher and went back to google's but it didn't help at all. I've been thinking of restoring to factory settings but if there's a better option I'll try it.

Thanks in advance
    Honestly, something in the upgrade went awry... you should do a factory default, the 6.0 update for the G3 is not perfect but it is actually pretty decent. A factory default should clear up your issues
    Javier P likes this.
    04-14-2016 06:23 PM