I have recently switched from a 1st Gen to a 3rd Gen.

Initially the phone was quick, and then over a few days, it slows to a virtual standstill... I cleared the cache partition, which sped it up again, but then it slowed over a few days, so i cleared the cache partition, and it's better again....

What's going on that means that I have to clear the cache partition every week???

Any ideas?
    Thank you
    04-21-2016 03:50 AM
    I have recently switched from a 1st Gen to a 3rd Gen.

Initially the phone was quick, and then over a few days, it slows to a virtual standstill... I cleared the cache partition, which sped it up again, but then it slowed over a few days, so i cleared the cache partition, and it's better again....

What's going on that means that I have to clear the cache partition every week???

Any ideas?
    Thank you
    Did this just start happening or since you purchased the 3rd Gen Moto? What I would suggest is a factory reset (backup before hand) and see if the problem continues after some use. If it does, see if you can tie it to a particular app or service. It could be something installed that creating this issue.
    04-21-2016 09:56 AM
    I agree with srkmagnus. The Moto G is not a slow phone at all, so it could be some app going wild. Are you using any Task killer or RAM manager app? If so, uninstall it and see if it makes a difference. Also, check your battery stats and memory settings and see if there's an app using an unusual high percentage.
    04-21-2016 10:10 AM
    Agree with the others. You must have a rogue app or process that is running wild. Hard reset. Start from scratch.
    04-21-2016 11:11 AM