Can't access developer options by tapping on "build number"

knaga01

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, the problems is as explained in the title. I've tried tapping 5, 7 or even 100 times and "you're now developer" message never shows up, neither "you're xxx steps from becoming developer". Any idea what might be wrong? Got Android 6.0 last updated on January. The phone is from Australian provider, is it possible that they blocked access to "dev options"? Is there any other way to enable USB debugging?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't access developer options by tapping on "build number"

Does that actually work in all phones? I always thought it was specific to Nexus phones...
It has worked on every phone I've ever owned. And it works fine on the Moto G series

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's possible the provider blocked access, and it's also possible that the phone is defective. There's no way to tell from here, you have to talk to the provider.

rahuljain257

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Even I am facing the same issue have u found any solution related to this !!! I installed Lineage OS Feb / 10/ 2017 version & nothing is working.

Notification not working !!!
Developer Options not working !!!
Tapped several times but still no success !!!

really don't how how to unlock bootloader guys pls help me !!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Even I am facing the same issue have u found any solution related to this !!! I installed Lineage OS Feb / 10/ 2017 version & nothing is working.

If you installed Lineage then you already have an unlocked bootloader, it will never relock unless you go through a whole drawn out process to reflash stock a special way... what are you trying to get into developer settings for?

Net Flix

Feb 20, 2018
Visit site

I'm also facing the same issue, did you got it done